port for turnserver

s_graf
I have built a port for turnserver-4.5.0.3,
https://github.com/coturn/coturn.

It needs an experienced maintainer to complete and verify.

I have tested the port and am running the results on openBSD 5.9 stable.
There is a reported dependency problem but it does not seem to affect the
operation of the sub app involved.  The license seems to be a scaled down
version of some other license, but requires the license file to be included
in any distribution.  This app has been ported on FreeBSD.

turnserver_port.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: port for turnserver

Michael McConville-3
Stephen Graf wrote:

> I have built a port for turnserver-4.5.0.3,
> https://github.com/coturn/coturn.
>
> It needs an experienced maintainer to complete and verify.
>
> I have tested the port and am running the results on openBSD 5.9
> stable. There is a reported dependency problem but it does not seem to
> affect the operation of the sub app involved.  The license seems to be
> a scaled down version of some other license, but requires the license
> file to be included in any distribution.  This app has been ported on
> FreeBSD.

A few quick suggestions:

 * Are you sure it shouldn't be called net/coturn? It's odd how they
   split the naming so evenly, but "coturn" seems like a more specific
   project name (e.g. we use www/apache-httpd instead of www/httpd).

 * The $COMMENT should be shorter and more prosaic. Something like "a
   feature-rich STUN/TURN server implemented in C".

 * It builds for me.

Thanks for your time,
Mike

Re: port for turnserver

On 2016/09/04 10:43, Stephen Graf wrote:

> I have built a port for turnserver-4.5.0.3,
> https://github.com/coturn/coturn.
>

> It needs an experienced maintainer to complete and verify.
>

> I have tested the port and am running the results on openBSD 5.9 stable.
> There is a reported dependency problem but it does not seem to affect the
> operation of the sub app involved.  The license seems to be a scaled down
> version of some other license, but requires the license file to be included
> in any distribution.  This app has been ported on FreeBSD.

Port submissions need to be for -current not -stable of an old release.

Looking at the PLIST /usr/local/etc is wrong, you need to install to an
examples dir, @sample into ${SYSCONFDIR}, and teach the software to look
in ${SYSCONFDIR}. /usr/local/var(/db/turndb) is wrong.

rc script is hardcoding paths which should come from variables
(/etc -> ${SYSCONFDIR}, /usr/local -> ${PREFIX}, /var -> ${LOCALSTATEDIR}.
Missing "# $OpenBSD$" rcsid comment in turnserver.rc.

The uid you chose is already taken.

Wouldn't telephony be better than net?

The configure script is picking up various libraries if installed
(postgresql, hiredis, mysqlclient, gettext) these need to be listed
properly in WANTLIB/LIB_DEPENDS or disabled.

DESCR shouldn't have the WWW line, that comes automatically from HOMEPAGE.

The LICENSE/LICENSE_FILE stuff aren't OpenBSD, look at our other ports
to see how this is done.

The MASTER_SITES0/1 construct aren't useful here, it doesn't even use
the files from extradocs.

Zap the CVS dir in the tar.

Re: port for turnserver

s_graf
Thank you Stuart for your review and recommendations.
I have tried to correct as much as possible but I am doing it without a lot
of understanding some times.

On 2016/09/04 10:43, Stephen Graf wrote:

> I have built a port for turnserver-4.5.0.3,
> https://github.com/coturn/coturn.
>

> It needs an experienced maintainer to complete and verify.
>

> I have tested the port and am running the results on openBSD 5.9 stable.
> There is a reported dependency problem but it does not seem to affect
> the operation of the sub app involved.  The license seems to be a
> scaled down version of some other license, but requires the license
> file to be included in any distribution.  This app has been ported on
FreeBSD.

Port submissions need to be for -current not -stable of an old release.

Done.

Looking at the PLIST /usr/local/etc is wrong, you need to install to an
examples dir, @sample into ${SYSCONFDIR}, and teach the software to look in
${SYSCONFDIR}. /usr/local/var(/db/turndb) is wrong.

This is where I was doing a lot of guessing and copying.

rc script is hardcoding paths which should come from variables (/etc ->
${SYSCONFDIR}, /usr/local -> ${PREFIX}, /var -> ${LOCALSTATEDIR}.
Missing "# $OpenBSD$" rcsid comment in turnserver.rc.

Done.

The uid you chose is already taken.

I thought this would be corrected when the port is committed - not there
yet.

Wouldn't telephony be better than net?

I have worked in the telecommunications industry for over 40 years and I
don't think there is much left that is not IP based.
A stun/turn server facilitates connection between two computers behind NATs
and SIP is one such use.
My requirement is for video conferencing which is probably more net than
telephony.

The configure script is picking up various libraries if installed
(postgresql, hiredis, mysqlclient, gettext) these need to be listed properly
in WANTLIB/LIB_DEPENDS or disabled.

I have disabled all but sqlite for now.  The port should probably be built
with flavors for the other databases.

DESCR shouldn't have the WWW line, that comes automatically from HOMEPAGE.

Done.

The LICENSE/LICENSE_FILE stuff aren't OpenBSD, look at our other ports to
see how this is done.

Done I think.