pdksh vi-like bindings

joasia et damien
Hello,

Is there any way to change vi-bindings in pdksh? According to the
manual, there isn't, but maybe you know some workarounds?
I am using a french bépo layout: instead of h,j,k,l I have c,t,r,s,

Since I make an intensive use of vi-movements on terminals (especially
when using sqlite from the shell), any hint would be welcome.

Btw, thanks for the great openBSD man pages. Nice and short.

Re: pdksh vi-like bindings

joasia et damien
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 08:54:06AM +0200, joasia et damien wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any way to change vi-bindings in pdksh? According to the
> > manual, there isn't, but maybe you know some workarounds?
> > I am using a french bépo layout: instead of h,j,k,l I have c,t,r,s,
> >
> > Since I make an intensive use of vi-movements on terminals
> (especially> when using sqlite from the shell), any hint would be
> welcome.
> >
> > Btw, thanks for the great openBSD man pages. Nice and short.
>
> I don't think so, but note that you can fairly easily run some other
> shell on OpenBSD (pkg_add -i bash; ensure bash is in /etc/shells;
> chsh.)
>         Joachim

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I am currently using zsh but I am quite tired
with searching its long man pages. I consider pdksh much easier, that's
why I was considering switching to pdksh

Regards,

Damien

Re: pdksh vi-like bindings

Артур Истомин
On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:29:44PM +0200, joasia et damien wrote:

> [...]

Off-top. You received e-mail from Joachim personally? Because I didn't
receive it from e-mail list.

Re: pdksh vi-like bindings

Joachim Schipper-2
On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 01:30:14PM +0000, Артур Истомин wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:29:44PM +0200, joasia et damien wrote:

Yes, I send a direct mail. Please don't publicize those. (Not that it
matters in this case - I was just trying to keep list chatter down. But
netiquette is quite clear on this being a no-no.)

                Joachim