pcppi boot hang

kasak
hello everybody!

i have ASUS Z170-K board with i7-6700 CPU.

It has a problem, it hangs on boot when probing pcppi0.

Every time when i have to reboot i enter UKC and disable pcppi, only
after that i can boot.

Is there any workaround to this ?

Re: pcppi boot hang

Luigi30
I have that same motherboard and I don’t have any problems with pcppi...

Do you have a PC speaker hooked up? I’d just disable the driver completely if not.

> On Oct 29, 2018, at 3:47 AM, kasak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hello everybody!
>
> i have ASUS Z170-K board with i7-6700 CPU.
>
> It has a problem, it hangs on boot when probing pcppi0.
>
> Every time when i have to reboot i enter UKC and disable pcppi, only after that i can boot.
>
> Is there any workaround to this ?

Re: pcppi boot hang

kasak
No, I don't have speaker connected.

Do you think, connecting speaker can solve the problem?