pax command doesn't support the pax archive format

pax command doesn't support the pax archive format

Wayne Pollock
The pax command supports many formats, but not the SUS/POSIX
required "pax" format.  This format is required to portably
archive files with extended attributes, ACLs, and other non-
traditional metadata.  See

<http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/pax.html#tag_20_92_13_01>

for details on this format.

The OpenBSD version of PAX is used "downstream" by many other
distributions, including Red Hat and other Linux distributions.  So
much of the Unix and Linux community is waiting for years for this
"upstream" package to have the useful and required format added, before
they fix their own packages.

Wayne Pollock

Re: pax command doesn't support the pax archive format

Jonathan Gray
Well ACLs, SE Linux labels, LSB compliance and blind
adherence to standards don't excite many people here.

If there are non intrusive diffs by all means send them
but I can't imagine anyone rushing off to implement this.