panic with video(1)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

panic with video(1)

Claudio Correa-2
Hi?

I am not sure if there is any interest in the information, it may be a
specific fault in my machine. For your information, I am forwarding an
image of a "panic" when playing video -c.

Only if there is any interest, I am willing to help with more
information.

Thanks for listening,
regards.


OpenBSD 6.8-beta (RAMDISK_CD) #53: Mon Aug 31 18:23:14 MDT 2020
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/RAMDISK_CD
real mem = 8334729216 (7948MB)
avail mem = 8078106624 (7703MB)
random: good seed from bootblocks
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.0 @ 0xeac50 (96 entries)
bios0: vendor Dell Inc. version "1.14.0" date 02/14/2020
bios0: Dell Inc. Vostro 5471

...

videobug.jpg (707K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: panic with video(1)

Marcus Glocker
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 05:27:56 -0300
Claudio Correa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi?
>
> I am not sure if there is any interest in the information, it may be a
> specific fault in my machine. For your information, I am forwarding an
> image of a "panic" when playing video -c.
>
> Only if there is any interest, I am willing to help with more
> information.
>
> Thanks for listening,
> regards.
>
>
> OpenBSD 6.8-beta (RAMDISK_CD) #53: Mon Aug 31 18:23:14 MDT 2020
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/RAMDISK_CD
> real mem = 8334729216 (7948MB)
> avail mem = 8078106624 (7703MB)
> random: good seed from bootblocks
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.0 @ 0xeac50 (96 entries)
> bios0: vendor Dell Inc. version "1.14.0" date 02/14/2020
> bios0: Dell Inc. Vostro 5471
>
> ...

Thanks for the report.

Some more information required to analyze this:

- Does 'video -c' come back with any results before the machine panics?
- Can you stream video without panic?
- Can you please provide a full dmesg with the video device attached?
- Can you please provide an 'lsusb -v' of the video device?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: panic with video(1)

Claudio Correa-2
On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 07:27:06 +0200
Marcus Glocker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 05:27:56 -0300
> Claudio Correa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi?
> >
> > I am not sure if there is any interest in the information, it may
> > be a specific fault in my machine. For your information, I am
> > forwarding an image of a "panic" when playing video -c.
> >
> > Only if there is any interest, I am willing to help with more
> > information.
> >
> > Thanks for listening,
> > regards.
> >
> >
> > OpenBSD 6.8-beta (RAMDISK_CD) #53: Mon Aug 31 18:23:14 MDT 2020
> >     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/RAMDISK_CD
> > real mem = 8334729216 (7948MB)
> > avail mem = 8078106624 (7703MB)
> > random: good seed from bootblocks
> > mainbus0 at root
> > bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.0 @ 0xeac50 (96 entries)
> > bios0: vendor Dell Inc. version "1.14.0" date 02/14/2020
> > bios0: Dell Inc. Vostro 5471
> >
> > ...
Hello Marcus,
I appreciate your interest.

> Thanks for the report.
>
> Some more information required to analyze this:
>
> - Does 'video -c' come back with any results before the machine
> panics?
but sometimes (sporadically) it just ends with ioctl error and
it works:

$ video -r 15 -s 640x360 -e yuy2

$ ffplay -f v4l2 -list_formats all -i /dev/video0
ffplay version 4.3 Copyright (c) 2003-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with OpenBSD clang version 10.0.1
  configuration: --enable-shared --arch=amd64 --cc=cc --disable-altivec
  --disable-debug --disable-indev=jack --disable-indev=oss
  --disable-mipsdsp --disable-mipsdspr2 --disable-mipsfpu --disable-mmi
  --disable-msa --disable-outdev=oss --disable-outdev=sdl2
  --enable-avresample --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gpl
  --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libdav1d
  --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm
  --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libspeex
  --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvorbis
  --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2
  --enable-libxvid --enable-nonfree --enable-openssl
  --extra-cflags='-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include'
  --extra-libs='-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib' --extra-ldsoflags=
  --mandir=/usr/local/man --objcc=/usr/bin/false --optflags='-O2 -pipe
  -Wno-redundant-decls'
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100

[video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xd4d66685800] Compressed:       mjpeg :                MJPEG : 1280x720 960x540 848x480 1280x720
[video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xd4d66685800] Raw       :     yuyv422 :                 YUYV : 640x480 640x360 424x240 320x240 320x180 160x120 640x480
/dev/video0: Immediate exit requestedB vq=    0KB sq=    0B f=0/0  
    nan    :  0.000 fd=   0 aq=    0KB vq=    0KB sq=    0B f=0/0


> - Can you stream video without panic?
That way, yes.
$ video -r 15 -s 640x360 -e yuy2

> - Can you please provide a full dmesg with the video device attached?
uvideo0 at uhub0 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "CNFFH37N50342006F882 Integrated_Webcam_HD" rev 2.00/64.26 addr 3
video0 at uvideo0

Attached to message

> - Can you please provide an 'lsusb -v' of the video device?

$ usbdevs -v -a 03
addr 03: 0c45:6a06 CNFFH37N50342006F882, Integrated_Webcam_HD
         high speed, power 500 mA, config 1, rev 64.26
         driver: uvideo0


best regards,
Claudio

dmesg.txt (15K) Download Attachment