openvpn bridge ip/netmask

shadrock
I have a lan interface
A tun0 interface
Both are bridged with bridge0
Bridge0 is configured by brconfig
I have setup openvpn in bridge mode
But only broadcasts and arp request pass tun0

How do I add an address/ip to bridge0 ?

shadrock

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software

Re: openvpn bridge ip/netmask

Stuart Henderson
On 2006/05/31 18:20, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have a lan interface
> A tun0 interface

You put this into what OpenVPN calls 'tap' mode, didn't
you? See tun(4) about "layer 2 tunneling mode".

> Both are bridged with bridge0

If the above doesn't help, send your config to misc@ (or
the openvpn mailing list), including: hostname.tun0,
openvpn config, netstat -rn, pf.conf, brconfig -a, and
whatever else you can think of that may be relevant.

> Bridge0 is configured by brconfig
> I have setup openvpn in bridge mode
> But only broadcasts and arp request pass tun0
>
> How do I add an address/ip to bridge0 ?

It happens automatically (unless you tell it otherwise).
See brconfig(8).

fwiw: on OpenBSD 3.9, IPSEC is __very much__ simpler to
setup than OpenVPN, and you don't need to keep watching
for security fixes.