openssl/libressl s_client -crlf difference

openssl/libressl s_client -crlf difference

Michael W. Lucas
Hi,

Should LibreSSL and OpenSSL be strictly command line compatible?

The reason I ask is: using OpenSSL, I can use openssl s_client to
connect to a site like so:

$ openssl s_client -crlf www:443

LibreSSL requires I add the -connect

$ openssl s_client -crlf -connect www:443

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,
### New books: SNMP Mastery, the Networknomicon, Drinking Heavy Water ###

Re: openssl/libressl s_client -crlf difference

Stuart Henderson
On 2021-02-26, Michael W. Lucas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Should LibreSSL and OpenSSL be strictly command line compatible?
>
> The reason I ask is: using OpenSSL, I can use openssl s_client to
> connect to a site like so:
>
> $ openssl s_client -crlf www:443
>
> LibreSSL requires I add the -connect
>
> $ openssl s_client -crlf -connect www:443
>
> Thanks,
>==ml

OpenSSL changed that sometime after libressl was forked (-connect became
optional, it doesn't seem to be in their changelog).