opensmtpd

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
Hi,

I seen http://www.opensmtpd.org

Does exist a "stable" version ?
can we put it on production ?

And what's about your handbook :
https://www.poolp.org/OpenSMTPD/

Possible to have this hanbook in french
?

Thank you very much for replies.

All the best,

Wesley M.

Re: opensmtpd

Tomas Bodzar-4
Check:

1) archives of misc@
2) man smtpd
3) man smtpd.conf
4) as it's work in progress use current
5) some people use it in production

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Wesley M. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seen http://www.opensmtpd.org
>
> Does exist a "stable" version ?
> can we put it on production ?
>
> And what's about your handbook :
> https://www.poolp.org/OpenSMTPD/
>
> Possible to have this hanbook in french
> ?
>
> Thank you very much for replies.
>
> All the best,
>
> Wesley M.

Re: opensmtpd

Gilles Chehade-7
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:27:47PM +0400, Wesley M. wrote:

> I seen http://www.opensmtpd.org
>
> Does exist a "stable" version ?
> can we put it on production ?

The very first line on the website says:

    "OpenSMTPD has not had a stable release yet !"

I guess it is self explanatory ;-)

When we have a stable release ready, we'll prepare an announcement, until
then the choice to put it in production or not is yours, but not
recommended as we still have 4 issues we consider showstoppers in the TODO.

eric, chl and I are working actively on fixing these amongst other things

> And what's about your handbook :
> https://www.poolp.org/OpenSMTPD/
>
> Possible to have this hanbook in french ?

Very unlikely.

Currently, it only contains a few pages and you will not learn anything
from it that isn't already explained in the man pages. It is still work
in progress, private and not very valuable.

When I think it is a worthy complement to the official docs, I will let
misc@ and tech@ know. For now you can assume it does not exist, I don't
know when it'll be ready as I only work on it when I'm bored from code.

Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade

http://www.poolp.org                                                @poolpOrg

Re: opensmtpd

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:24:39AM +0100, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> When I think it is a worthy complement to the official docs, I will let
> misc@ and tech@ know. For now you can assume it does not exist, I don't
> know when it'll be ready as I only work on it when I'm bored from code.

Bored of code? I doubt this ever happens to you :)

Antoine

Re: opensmtpd

Gilles Chehade-7
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:30:55AM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:24:39AM +0100, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> > When I think it is a worthy complement to the official docs, I will let
> > misc@ and tech@ know. For now you can assume it does not exist, I don't
> > know when it'll be ready as I only work on it when I'm bored from code.
>
> Bored of code? I doubt this ever happens to you :)

s/bored from/too drunk to/

better ? ;-p

--
Gilles Chehade

http://www.poolp.org                                                @poolpOrg

Re: opensmtpd

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:35:20AM +0100, Gilles Chehade wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:30:55AM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:24:39AM +0100, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> > > When I think it is a worthy complement to the official docs, I will let
> > > misc@ and tech@ know. For now you can assume it does not exist, I don't
> > > know when it'll be ready as I only work on it when I'm bored from code.
> >
> > Bored of code? I doubt this ever happens to you :)
> >

> s/bored from/too drunk to/
>
> better ? ;-p

Yes, _that_ I can believe :)

--