openospfd-4.1-r1

Gomelsky, Leonard-p8859c
openospfd-4.1-r1

Hi,

I ported openospfd-4.1-r1 to the OpenBSD 4.6. Running make produced the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find lmd

Stop in <my dir>/openospfd-4.1-r1/ospfctl (line 95 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk)

Stop in <my dir>/openospfd-4.1-r1 (line 48 of /usr/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk)

There is no libmd.a or libmd.so in /usr/lib. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you,

Leonard

Re: openospfd-4.1-r1

Stuart Henderson
On 2010/04/01 11:35, Gomelsky, Leonard-p8859c wrote:

> Hi,
> I ported openospfd-4.1-r1 to the OpenBSD 4.6. Running make produced the
> following error:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmd
> Stop in <my dir>/openospfd-4.1-r1/ospfctl (line 95 of
> /usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk)
> Stop in <my dir>/openospfd-4.1-r1 (line 48 of
> /usr/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk)
>
> There is no libmd.a or libmd.so in /usr/lib. Could you please help me
> with this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Leonard

Seems that's an old FreeBSD port of an early version of OpenBSD's ospfd.

Note that all ports of OpenBSD's network features (routing daemons,
PF) to other OS that I'm aware of are outdated and/or incomplete..
I can't see any reason you'd want to run that code on any OS now,
let alone one where a significantly updated and improved version is
already installed.

Having made that clear; to track down the libmd thing, you probably
need to start looking at the changes made between the original code
and openospfd-4.1-r1 and see what they did to it..