openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
Hello,

I'm new to modern openbsd (having last used it in a router setting
back in 2000) and am trying to get the temperature sensor
for raspberry pi 4 working.

https://man.openbsd.org/bcmtmon seems to indicate it'd be in 6.8
but in dmesg there's nothing for BCM2711. What do I need to do
in order to get this working?
OpenBSD was installed following this guide:
https://www.mirrorservice.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.8/arm64/INSTALL.arm64
and it's using v 1.22 firmware from here:
https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases

thanks,
--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

Archimedes Gaviola
Hi,

Can you try this in your system?

openbsdrpi4b2# sysctl -a | grep temp0
hw.sensors.bcmtmon0.temp0=55.99 degC

Thanks and best regards,
Archimedes

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:28 PM tech-lists <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to modern openbsd (having last used it in a router setting
> back in 2000) and am trying to get the temperature sensor
> for raspberry pi 4 working.
>
> https://man.openbsd.org/bcmtmon seems to indicate it'd be in 6.8
> but in dmesg there's nothing for BCM2711. What do I need to do
> in order to get this working?
> OpenBSD was installed following this guide:
> https://www.mirrorservice.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.8/arm64/INSTALL.arm64
> and it's using v 1.22 firmware from here:
> https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases
>
> thanks,
> --
> J.
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:43:57PM +0800, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can you try this in your system?
>
>openbsdrpi4b2# sysctl -a | grep temp0
>hw.sensors.bcmtmon0.temp0=55.99 degC

obsd# sysctl -a | grep temp0
obsd#

--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

Mark Kettenis
> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 01:06:30 +0000
> From: tech-lists <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:43:57PM +0800, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can you try this in your system?
> >
> >openbsdrpi4b2# sysctl -a | grep temp0
> >hw.sensors.bcmtmon0.temp0=55.99 degC
>
> obsd# sysctl -a | grep temp0
> obsd#

Show us your dmesg!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:56:22PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 01:06:30 +0000
>> From: tech-lists <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:43:57PM +0800, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Can you try this in your system?
>> >
>> >openbsdrpi4b2# sysctl -a | grep temp0
>> >hw.sensors.bcmtmon0.temp0=55.99 degC
>>
>> obsd# sysctl -a | grep temp0
>> obsd#
>
>Show us your dmesg!
>

OK was worried it'd be too long. Here it is:

OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #3: Thu Jan  7 07:35:28 MST 2021
     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/arm64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem  = 8375504896 (7987MB)
avail mem = 8085917696 (7711MB)
random: good seed from bootblocks
mainbus0 at root: ACPI
psci0 at mainbus0: PSCI 1.1, SMCCC 1.2
cpu0 at mainbus0 mpidr 0: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu0: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu0: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu1 at mainbus0 mpidr 1: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu1: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu1: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu2 at mainbus0 mpidr 2: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu2: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu2: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu3 at mainbus0 mpidr 3: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu3: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu3: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
efi0 at mainbus0: UEFI 2.7
efi0: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 rev 0x10000
smbios0 at efi0: SMBIOS 3.3.0
smbios0: vendor https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 version "UEFI Firmware v1.22" date 01/06/2021
smbios0: Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
apm0 at mainbus0
ampintc0 at mainbus0 nirq 256, ncpu 4 ipi: 0, 1: "interrupt-controller"
agtimer0 at mainbus0: tick rate 54000 KHz
acpi0 at mainbus0: ACPI 6.3
acpi0: sleep states
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP CSRT DBG2 GTDT IORT APIC PPTT SPCR
acpi0: wakeup devices
"BCM2849" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2835" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2854" at acpi0 not configured
"ACPI0004" at acpi0 not configured
xhci0 at acpi0 XHC0 addr 0x600000000/0x1000 irq 175, xHCI 1.0
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Generic xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
"ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
"ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
"ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
"ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
"ACPI0004" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2848" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2850" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2856" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2845" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2841" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2841" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2838" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2839" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2844" at acpi0 not configured
pluart0 at acpi0 URT0 addr 0xfe201000/0x1000 irq 153: console
"BCM2836" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2EA6" at acpi0 not configured
"MSFT8000" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2847" at acpi0 not configured
"BCM2855" at acpi0 not configured
bse0 at acpi0 ETH0 addr 0xfd580000/0x10000 irq 189: address dc:a6:32:e2:48:fc
brgphy0 at bse0 phy 1: BCM54210E 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 2
"PNP0C06" at acpi0 not configured
acpitz at acpi0 not configured
uhub1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "VIA Labs USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.10/4.21 addr 2
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.01 addr 3
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd0 at ukbd0 mux 1
uhidev1 at uhub1 port 3 configuration 1 interface 1 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.01 addr 3
uhidev1: iclass 3/1, 17 report ids
ums0 at uhidev1 reportid 2: 16 buttons, Z and W dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 3: input=4, output=0, feature=0
uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 4: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid2 at uhidev1 reportid 16: input=6, output=6, feature=0
uhid3 at uhidev1 reportid 17: input=19, output=19, feature=0
umass0 at uhub0 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1" rev 3.20/1.00 addr 4
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <USB, SanDisk 3.2Gen1, 1.00> removable serial.078155838107b4280bcc
sd0: 29340MB, 512 bytes/sector, 60088320 sectors
vscsi0 at root
scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
bootfile: sd0a:/bsd
boot device: sd0
root on sd0a (e5a43b2d7fd9d217.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
WARNING: clock lost 6 days
WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
wskbd0 detached
ukbd0 detached
uhidev0 detached
wsmouse0 detached
ums0 detached
uhid0 detached
uhid1 detached
uhid2 detached
uhid3 detached
uhidev1 detached
--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

Stuart Henderson
Set your uefi firmware to device tree or acpi + device tree mode.

On 2021/01/13 01:25, tech-lists wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:56:22PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > > Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 01:06:30 +0000
> > > From: tech-lists <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:43:57PM +0800, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
> > > >Hi,
> > > >
> > > >Can you try this in your system?
> > > >
> > > >openbsdrpi4b2# sysctl -a | grep temp0
> > > >hw.sensors.bcmtmon0.temp0=55.99 degC
> > >
> > > obsd# sysctl -a | grep temp0
> > > obsd#
> >
> > Show us your dmesg!
> >
>
> OK was worried it'd be too long. Here it is:
>
> OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #3: Thu Jan  7 07:35:28 MST 2021
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/arm64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem  = 8375504896 (7987MB)
> avail mem = 8085917696 (7711MB)
> random: good seed from bootblocks
> mainbus0 at root: ACPI
> psci0 at mainbus0: PSCI 1.1, SMCCC 1.2
> cpu0 at mainbus0 mpidr 0: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
> cpu0: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
> cpu0: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu1 at mainbus0 mpidr 1: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
> cpu1: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
> cpu1: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu2 at mainbus0 mpidr 2: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
> cpu2: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
> cpu2: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu3 at mainbus0 mpidr 3: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
> cpu3: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
> cpu3: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> efi0 at mainbus0: UEFI 2.7
> efi0: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 rev 0x10000
> smbios0 at efi0: SMBIOS 3.3.0
> smbios0: vendor https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 version "UEFI Firmware v1.22" date 01/06/2021
> smbios0: Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
> apm0 at mainbus0
> ampintc0 at mainbus0 nirq 256, ncpu 4 ipi: 0, 1: "interrupt-controller"
> agtimer0 at mainbus0: tick rate 54000 KHz
> acpi0 at mainbus0: ACPI 6.3
> acpi0: sleep states
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP CSRT DBG2 GTDT IORT APIC PPTT SPCR
> acpi0: wakeup devices
> "BCM2849" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2835" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2854" at acpi0 not configured
> "ACPI0004" at acpi0 not configured
> xhci0 at acpi0 XHC0 addr 0x600000000/0x1000 irq 175, xHCI 1.0
> usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
> uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Generic xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
> "ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
> "ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
> "ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
> "ACPI0007" at acpi0 not configured
> "ACPI0004" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2848" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2850" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2856" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2845" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2841" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2841" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2838" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2839" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2844" at acpi0 not configured
> pluart0 at acpi0 URT0 addr 0xfe201000/0x1000 irq 153: console
> "BCM2836" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2EA6" at acpi0 not configured
> "MSFT8000" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2847" at acpi0 not configured
> "BCM2855" at acpi0 not configured
> bse0 at acpi0 ETH0 addr 0xfd580000/0x10000 irq 189: address dc:a6:32:e2:48:fc
> brgphy0 at bse0 phy 1: BCM54210E 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 2
> "PNP0C06" at acpi0 not configured
> acpitz at acpi0 not configured
> uhub1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "VIA Labs USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.10/4.21 addr 2
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.01 addr 3
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
> wskbd0 at ukbd0 mux 1
> uhidev1 at uhub1 port 3 configuration 1 interface 1 "Logitech USB Receiver" rev 2.00/29.01 addr 3
> uhidev1: iclass 3/1, 17 report ids
> ums0 at uhidev1 reportid 2: 16 buttons, Z and W dir
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 3: input=4, output=0, feature=0
> uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 4: input=1, output=0, feature=0
> uhid2 at uhidev1 reportid 16: input=6, output=6, feature=0
> uhid3 at uhidev1 reportid 17: input=19, output=19, feature=0
> umass0 at uhub0 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1" rev 3.20/1.00 addr 4
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
> sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <USB, SanDisk 3.2Gen1, 1.00> removable serial.078155838107b4280bcc
> sd0: 29340MB, 512 bytes/sector, 60088320 sectors
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
> bootfile: sd0a:/bsd
> boot device: sd0
> root on sd0a (e5a43b2d7fd9d217.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
> WARNING: clock lost 6 days
> WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
> wskbd0 detached
> ukbd0 detached
> uhidev0 detached
> wsmouse0 detached
> ums0 detached
> uhid0 detached
> uhid1 detached
> uhid2 detached
> uhid3 detached
> uhidev1 detached
> --
> J.
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:19:35PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>Set your uefi firmware to device tree or acpi + device tree mode.

ok thanks I'll try that and get back with results
--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
In reply to this post by Stuart Henderson
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:19:35PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>Set your uefi firmware to device tree or acpi + device tree mode.

Unfortunately neither of those modes worked. It sits at the part before it's
cleared the large raspberry image, after the first two lines of booting
output. Nothing changes from then on, it's unpingable even when left for
a few minutes (so even then the network isn't initialised). Selecting
back to acpi only restored service.

Do you need me to connect it via serial? I didn't do that because
although it is usually booted headless, it does have x/xenocara installed
(and working). So was expecting hdmi output like with acpi.

Would serial output be helpful?

thanks,
--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

Mark Kettenis
> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 02:13:42 +0000
> From: tech-lists <[hidden email]>
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 03:19:35PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> >Set your uefi firmware to device tree or acpi + device tree mode.
>
> Unfortunately neither of those modes worked. It sits at the part before it's
> cleared the large raspberry image, after the first two lines of booting
> output. Nothing changes from then on, it's unpingable even when left for
> a few minutes (so even then the network isn't initialised). Selecting
> back to acpi only restored service.
>
> Do you need me to connect it via serial? I didn't do that because
> although it is usually booted headless, it does have x/xenocara installed
> (and working). So was expecting hdmi output like with acpi.

In device tree mode serial output will be the default.  You can switch
to HDMI (what we call glass console) by typing

  set tty fb0

at the boot> prompt.  You can make this permanent by adding this
command to a /etc/boot.conf file.

Also note that support for the temperature sensor in ACPI mode was
added recently, after the 6.8 release.

Cheers,

Mark

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 05:36:02PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:

>In device tree mode serial output will be the default.  You can switch
>to HDMI (what we call glass console) by typing
>
>  set tty fb0
>
>at the boot> prompt.  You can make this permanent by adding this
>command to a /etc/boot.conf file.
>
>Also note that support for the temperature sensor in ACPI mode was
>added recently, after the 6.8 release.

OK, here's output from when it's *either set ufei+devicetree or just
devicetree:

ESC (setup), F1 (shell), ENTER (boot)......disks: sd0* sd1
>> OpenBSD/arm64 BOOTAA64 1.2
boot>
NOTE: random seed is being reused.
booting sd0a:/bsd: 8624392+1763208+553056+796328 [624300+109+1051200+616496]=0xf
79458
type 0x0 pa 0x0 va 0x0 pages 0x1d0 attr 0xe
type 0x6 pa 0x1d0000 va 0x2c96099000 pages 0x20 attr 0x800000000000000e
type 0x0 pa 0x1f0000 va 0x0 pages 0x10 attr 0xe
type 0x2 pa 0x200000 va 0x0 pages 0x4000 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x4200000 va 0x0 pages 0x2e96a attr 0xe
type 0x2 pa 0x32b6a000 va 0x0 pages 0xde4 attr 0xe
type 0x1 pa 0x3394e000 va 0x0 pages 0x2a attr 0xe
type 0x0 pa 0x33978000 va 0x0 pages 0x58 attr 0xe
type 0x6 pa 0x339d0000 va 0x2cc9899000 pages 0x50 attr 0x800000000000000e
type 0x5 pa 0x33a20000 va 0x2cc98e9000 pages 0x100 attr 0x800000000000000e
type 0x9 pa 0x33b20000 va 0x0 pages 0x10 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x33b30000 va 0x0 pages 0x164e attr 0xe
type 0x4 pa 0x3517e000 va 0x0 pages 0x507 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x35685000 va 0x0 pages 0x41 attr 0xe
type 0x4 pa 0x356c6000 va 0x0 pages 0x4c8 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x35b8e000 va 0x0 pages 0x2 attr 0xe
type 0x4 pa 0x35b90000 va 0x0 pages 0xe94 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x36a24000 va 0x0 pages 0x1c6 attr 0xe
type 0x3 pa 0x36bea000 va 0x0 pages 0x416 attr 0xe
type 0x5 pa 0x37000000 va 0x2cccec9000 pages 0x190 attr 0x800000000000000e
type 0x6 pa 0x37190000 va 0x2ccd059000 pages 0x250 attr 0x800000000000000e
type 0x7 pa 0x373e0000 va 0x0 pages 0x1f attr 0xe
type 0x4 pa 0x373ff000 va 0x0 pages 0x1 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x37400000 va 0x0 pages 0x310d attr 0xe
type 0x3 pa 0x3a50d000 va 0x0 pages 0x38 attr 0xe
type 0x4 pa 0x3a545000 va 0x0 pages 0xebb attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0x40000000 va 0x0 pages 0x80000 attr 0xe
type 0x7 pa 0xc0000000 va 0x0 pages 0x3c000 attr 0xf
type 0x7 pa 0x100000000 va 0x0 pages 0x100000 attr 0xf
[ using 2293072 bytes of bsd ELF symbol table ]
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
      The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1995-2020 OpenBSD. All rights reserved.  https://www.OpenBSD.org

OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #3: Thu Jan  7 07:35:28 MST 2021
     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/arm64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem  = 8374890496 (7986MB)
avail mem = 8085266432 (7710MB)
random: good seed from bootblocks
mainbus0 at root: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
psci0 at mainbus0: PSCI 1.1, SMCCC 1.2
cpu0 at mainbus0 mpidr 0: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu0: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu0: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu1 at mainbus0 mpidr 1: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu1: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu1: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu2 at mainbus0 mpidr 2: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu2: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu2: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu3 at mainbus0 mpidr 3: ARM Cortex-A72 r0p3
cpu3: 48KB 64b/line 3-way L1 PIPT I-cache, 32KB 64b/line 2-way L1 D-cache
cpu3: 1024KB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
efi0 at mainbus0: UEFI 2.7
efi0: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 rev 0x10000
smbios0 at efi0: SMBIOS 3.3.0
smbios0: vendor https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 version "UEFI Firmware v1.22" date 01/06/2021
smbios0: Raspberry Pi Foundation Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
apm0 at mainbus0
"system" at mainbus0 not configured
"axi" at mainbus0 not configured
simplebus0 at mainbus0: "soc"
bcmclock0 at simplebus0
bcmmbox0 at simplebus0
bcmgpio0 at simplebus0
bcmaux0 at simplebus0
ampintc0 at simplebus0 nirq 256, ncpu 4 ipi: 0, 1: "interrupt-controller"
bcmtmon0 at simplebus0
bcmdmac0 at simplebus0: DMA0 DMA2 DMA4 DMA5 DMA6 DMA7 DMA8 DMA9
"timer" at simplebus0 not configured
pluart0 at simplebus0: console
com0 at simplebus0: ns16550, no working fifo
"local_intc" at simplebus0 not configured
bcmdog0 at simplebus0
bcmirng0 at simplebus0
"firmware" at simplebus0 not configured
"power" at simplebus0 not configured
"mailbox" at simplebus0 not configured
sdhc0 at simplebus0
sdhc0: SDHC 3.0, 250 MHz base clock
sdmmc0 at sdhc0: 4-bit, sd high-speed, mmc high-speed
"gpiomem" at simplebus0 not configured
"fb" at simplebus0 not configured
"vcsm" at simplebus0 not configured
"clocks" at mainbus0 not configured
"phy" at mainbus0 not configured
"clk-27M" at mainbus0 not configured
"clk-108M" at mainbus0 not configured
simplebus1 at mainbus0: "emmc2bus"
sdhc1 at simplebus1
sdhc1: SDHC 3.0, 100 MHz base clock
sdmmc1 at sdhc1: 8-bit, sd high-speed, mmc high-speed, ddr52, dma
"arm-pmu" at mainbus0 not configured
agtimer0 at mainbus0: tick rate 54000 KHz
simplebus2 at mainbus0: "scb"
bcmpcie0 at simplebus2
pci0 at bcmpcie0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM2711" rev 0x10
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
xhci0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "VIA VL805 xHCI" rev 0x01: intxpanic: uvm_fault failed: ffffff800047f018 esr 96000007 far ffffff80338baab4
Stopped at      panic+0x158:    mov     w0, w20
     TID    PID    UID     PRFLAGS     PFLAGS  CPU  COMMAND
*     0      0      0     0x10000      0x200    0K swapper
db_enter() at panic+0x154
panic() at data_abort+0x284
do_el0_sync() at handle_el1h_sync+0x6c
handle_el1h_sync() at xhci_pci_takecontroller+0x78
xhci_pci_takecontroller() at xhci_pci_takecontroller+0x78
xhci_pci_takecontroller() at xhci_pci_attach+0x224
xhci_pci_attach() at config_attach+0x21c
https://www.openbsd.org/ddb.html describes the minimum info required in bug
reports.  Insufficient info makes it difficult to find and fix bugs.
ddb{0}>

ddb{0}> trace
db_enter() at panic+0x154
panic() at data_abort+0x284
do_el0_sync() at handle_el1h_sync+0x6c
handle_el1h_sync() at xhci_pci_takecontroller+0x78
xhci_pci_takecontroller() at xhci_pci_takecontroller+0x78
xhci_pci_takecontroller() at xhci_pci_attach+0x224
xhci_pci_attach() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at pci_probe_device+0x3f0
pci_probe_device() at pci_enumerate_bus+0x140
pci_enumerate_bus() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at ppbattach+0x638
ppbattach() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at pci_probe_device+0x3f0
pci_probe_device() at pci_enumerate_bus+0x140
pci_enumerate_bus() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at bcmpcie_attach+0x42c
bcmpcie_attach() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at simplebus_attach_node+0x308
simplebus_attach_node() at simplebus_attach+0x258
simplebus_attach() at config_attach+0x21c
config_attach() at mainbus_attach_node+0x2cc
mainbus_attach_node() at mainbus_attach+0x2dc
config_attach() at cpu_configure+0x2c
cpu_configure() at main+0x318
main() at $x.2+0x70
ddb{0}>
--
J.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: openbsd68 and raspberry pi 4 cpu sensor

tech-lists
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 09:07:45PM +0000, tech-lists wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 05:36:02PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:

>>Also note that support for the temperature sensor in ACPI mode was
>>added recently, after the 6.8 release.

Ah. I didn't fully appreciate this when I first read your message, sorry:

>> in *ACPI mode* [...] after the 6.8 release

ok so I can't use it yet under ACPI unless I run -current.

OK. But should I (on 6.8) be able to boot the system in ACPI+devtree
or just devtree mode?

thanks,
--
J.