openbsd x2goclient

Isimsiz
Hello.
I have a question here. Why is x2goclient still "unsupported"? I mean..it's
pretty free and i use x2go instead of NX.
The only thing why i still dont use OpenBSD on my desktop is x2goclient.
So once i've found this
https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/x11/x2goclient
Successfully compiled (just need to change "lrelease" to "lrelease4".

But when i try to connect i get "segmentation fault". Core file attached
below. Can someone help me to solve it, please?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of x2goclient.core]

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Koko Wijatmoko
On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:20:38 +0400
Joseph Oficre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But when i try to connect i get "segmentation fault". Core file
> attached below. Can someone help me to solve it, please?

this list is not allowed to attach a file.
put it somewhere else, and share the url here.

> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream
> which had a name of x2goclient.core]

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Isimsiz
There is the link to download core
http://rghost.net/private/6w74TMCmG/4d2da8398332941fb4c7d3ab86f6ea69

On 2015-02-19, Joseph Oficre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
> I have a question here. Why is x2goclient still "unsupported"? I mean..it's
> pretty free and i use x2go instead of NX.
> The only thing why i still dont use OpenBSD on my desktop is x2goclient.
> So once i've found this
> https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/x11/x2goclient
> Successfully compiled (just need to change "lrelease" to "lrelease4".
>
> But when i try to connect i get "segmentation fault". Core file attached
> below. Can someone help me to solve it, please?
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of x2goclient.core]

Don't send core dumps. They are useless without the source code and
exact binary you are running, and may contain sensitive information.
A backtrace might give clues.

gdb /path/to/program /path/to/file.core
bt

However as this for something on openbsd-wip you are probably better
off talking to the person who added it there.

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Isimsiz
Yeah, i've sent him letter too, but my second question is why is no
official x2goclient in ports :c It hurts me so much...

i got this, btw
#0  0x00001ebf62404f7d in SessionButton::lessThen () from
/usr/local/bin/x2goclient
#1  0x00001ebf62406ea5 in SessionButton::lessThen () from
/usr/local/bin/x2goclient
#2  0x00001ec1cd691597 in QThreadPrivate::start () from
/usr/local/lib/libQtCore.so.9.0
#3  0x00001ec1fe61997e in _rthread_start (v=Variable "v" is not available.
) at /usr/src/lib/librthread/rthread.c:145
#4  0x00001ec260a2659b in __tfork_thread () at
/usr/src/lib/libc/arch/amd64/sys/tfork_thread.S:75
#5  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

so its some kind of code problem, as i see

> On 2015-02-19, Joseph Oficre <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I have a question here. Why is x2goclient still "unsupported"? I
> mean..it's
> > pretty free and i use x2go instead of NX.
> > The only thing why i still dont use OpenBSD on my desktop is x2goclient.
> > So once i've found this
> > https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/master/x11/x2goclient
> > Successfully compiled (just need to change "lrelease" to "lrelease4".
> >
> > But when i try to connect i get "segmentation fault". Core file attached
> > below. Can someone help me to solve it, please?
> >
> > [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream
> which had a name of x2goclient.core]
>
> Don't send core dumps. They are useless without the source code and
> exact binary you are running, and may contain sensitive information.
> A backtrace might give clues.
>
> gdb /path/to/program /path/to/file.core
> bt
>
> However as this for something on openbsd-wip you are probably better
> off talking to the person who added it there.

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff-2
Joseph Oficre said:
> ) at /usr/src/lib/librthread/rthread.c:145

FWIW what version of OpenBSD are you using?  If the answer is not
exactly "recent snapshot", you should probably try it there, as all of
the openbsd-wip ports tree development happens on -current.

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Isimsiz
I'm using release system + stable ports.
Hmm, so u recommend me to use current? I can try it..

> Joseph Oficre said:
> > ) at /usr/src/lib/librthread/rthread.c:145
>
> FWIW what version of OpenBSD are you using?  If the answer is not
> exactly "recent snapshot", you should probably try it there, as all of
> the openbsd-wip ports tree development happens on -current.

> Dmitrij D. Czarkoff

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Ted Unangst-6
Joseph Oficre wrote:
> Yeah, i've sent him letter too, but my second question is why is no
> official x2goclient in ports :c It hurts me so much...
>
> i got this, btw
> #0  0x00001ebf62404f7d in SessionButton::lessThen () from
> /usr/local/bin/x2goclient
> #1  0x00001ebf62406ea5 in SessionButton::lessThen () from

Obviously should be spelled lessThan. :(

Re: openbsd x2goclient

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff-2
Joseph Oficre said:
> I'm using release system + stable ports.
> Hmm, so u recommend me to use current? I can try it..

I don't promise that it will work (I don't even know what exactly the
software in question is), but I may assure you that ports for -current
may fail with -stable, and ports that are too current to be in -current
more so.  Actually, some of ports from openbsd-wip are not submitted
because they still wait some changes in base or ports.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff