openbsd-wip is full!

Stuart Henderson-6
If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Peter Hessler
On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
:If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
:or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
:there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
:and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
:

Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
(Oct 11, 2015).

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Chris Bennett
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:

> On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
> :If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
> :or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
> :there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
> :and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
> :
>
> Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
> (Oct 11, 2015).

Feel free to delete any of my stuff. I have lots of lousy excuses why I
didn't do it myself, but I didn't forget I needed to.

The work I started for porting LedgerSMB is now out of date from both
OpenBSD side and LedgerSMB side. I don't want to learn Apache 2.x and
they are leaning more and more away from Apache.

Sorry for leaving stuff abandoned.
Chris Bennett

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2016/01/27 09:20, Chris Bennett wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
> > On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > :If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
> > :or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
> > :there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
> > :and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
> > :
> >
> > Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
> > (Oct 11, 2015).
> >

> Feel free to delete any of my stuff. I have lots of lousy excuses why I
> didn't do it myself, but I didn't forget I needed to.

I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)

I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
going to be looking by name, just last commit date.

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Chris Bennett
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 06:05:03PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2016/01/27 09:20, Chris Bennett wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
> > > On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > > :If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
> > > :or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
> > > :there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
> > > :and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
> > > :
> > >
> > > Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
> > > (Oct 11, 2015).
> > >

> > Feel free to delete any of my stuff. I have lots of lousy excuses why I
> > didn't do it myself, but I didn't forget I needed to.
>
> I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)
>
> I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
> going to be looking by name, just last commit date.

OK, grumble grumble bah humbug!
I'll do the right thing.

Chris

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Nigel Taylor-2
On 01/27/16 18:05, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2016/01/27 09:20, Chris Bennett wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
>>> On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
>>> :If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
>>> :or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
>>> :there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
>>> :and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
>>> :
>>>
>>> Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
>>> (Oct 11, 2015).
>>>

>> Feel free to delete any of my stuff. I have lots of lousy excuses why I
>> didn't do it myself, but I didn't forget I needed to.
>
> I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)
>
> I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
> going to be looking by name, just last commit date.

I will do mine.

A number if not most I will send to @ports to go into cvs then can remove.

removed multimedia/get_flash_videos.test
removed security/openvas - needs updating to newer version
removed xmltv, maxemumtvguide - I use myself for TV listings works but
old and not maintained.

removed libmicrohttpd required by openvas send to @ports, needs extra
over previous posting to @ports, my also need an update to latest.

Others I can put into my own github repository.

I have local copies I shouldn't lose anything if removed before I get
around to removing. openbsd-wip is not part of by /usr/ports tree used
for building.

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2016/01/27 20:31, Nigel Taylor wrote:
> On 01/27/16 18:05, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)
> >
> > I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
> > going to be looking by name, just last commit date.
> >
> I will do mine.
>
> A number if not most I will send to @ports to go into cvs then can remove.

Thank you - there's quite a mixed bag in there and it's hard to
tell what is what at the moment.

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Nigel Taylor-2
On 01/27/16 21:48, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2016/01/27 20:31, Nigel Taylor wrote:
>> On 01/27/16 18:05, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>>> I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)
>>>
>>> I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
>>> going to be looking by name, just last commit date.
>>>
>> I will do mine.
>>
>> A number if not most I will send to @ports to go into cvs then can remove.
>
> Thank you - there's quite a mixed bag in there and it's hard to
> tell what is what at the moment.

removed everything now maybe one or two missed.
also removed tags I created.

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Kirill Bychkov
On Wed, January 27, 2016 21:05, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2016/01/27 09:20, Chris Bennett wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:28:53AM +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
>> > On 2016 Jan 27 (Wed) at 01:24:20 +0000 (+0000), Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> > :If you have things in openbsd-wip that are either finished with
>> > :or abandoned, please remove them. Ports that have been left untouched
>> > :there for several years can't really be classed as "work in progress"
>> > :and I think I may have a bit of a cull of these sometime...
>> > :
>> >
>> > Please kill everything that hasn't been touched since the last release
>> > (Oct 11, 2015).
>> >

>> Feel free to delete any of my stuff. I have lots of lousy excuses why I
>> didn't do it myself, but I didn't forget I needed to.
>
> I was rather hoping that people would delete things themselves :-)
>
> I'll wait a while before I do anything but if I do it, I'm not
> going to be looking by name, just last commit date.

I hope I've done my duty well :)

Re: openbsd-wip is full!

Chris Bennett
Done.