openbsd 6.4 freezes when using screensaver with X and lxqt

openbsd 6.4 freezes when using screensaver with X and lxqt

stephane l1
Hi,
I use openBSD as workstation,and openBSD 6.4 was frozen when using
screensaver with lxqt
so as workaround, I have installed xfce4 instead lxqt.
I don't know if it comes from lxqt or from X or from openBSD...
I have a corei7 950 with an asus p6t motherboard, and an amd radeon r5 230.

best regards

Stéphane L . from france

Re: openbsd 6.4 freezes when using screensaver with X and lxqt

Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri-3
On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 09:51:17PM +0100, stephane l1 wrote:

> Hi,
> I use openBSD as workstation,and openBSD 6.4 was frozen when using
> screensaver with lxqt
> so as workaround, I have installed xfce4 instead lxqt.
> I don't know if it comes from lxqt or from X or from openBSD...
> I have a corei7 950 with an asus p6t motherboard, and an amd radeon r5 230.
>
> best regards
>
> Stéphane L . from france

FWIW, I just happened to try lxqt today in an OpenBSD 6.4 VirtualBox VM
on top of macOS Mojave (I usually don't run X), and I hand no issues
running xscreensaver.

--
Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri,
National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden (NBIS),