obsd 5.3 and openldap

Friedrich Locke
Hi folks,

may someone in the list tell me if with obsd5.3 openldap supports hdb or
even bdb.
As far as i know, openldap in openbsd ports is broken.

Thanks you all.

gustavo.

Re: obsd 5.3 and openldap

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Friedrich Locke <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi folks,

Hi,

> may someone in the list tell me if with obsd5.3 openldap supports hdb or
> even bdb.

Weren't you the one that requested adding support for mdb on ports,
a while ago?  I thought you knew. :)

  Since i do need to get a directory service and have no knownledge on
  openldap internals, i come to you
  in order to suggest how could i help in order to get mdb supported by
  OpenBSD Ports OpenLDAP.

As far as I understand it, I can see three possible solutions:
- switch to ldapd(8)
- fix the bdb/hdb code in OpenLDAP so that it works on OpenBSD
- nag the OpenBSD developers so that they implement "Unified Buffer
  Cache", or even better, just do it.  I don't understand that stuff but
  I'm sure that isn't easy...

> As far as i know, openldap in openbsd ports is broken.

Can't really answer this.  Do you mean anything openldap, or just slapd
/ the slap* tools?

--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
PGP Key fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494

Re: obsd 5.3 and openldap

Vijay Sankar
Quoting Friedrich Locke <[hidden email]>:

> Hi folks,
>
> may someone in the list tell me if with obsd5.3 openldap supports hdb or
> even bdb.
> As far as i know, openldap in openbsd ports is broken.
>
> Thanks you all.
>
> gustavo.

Hi,

I am running 2.4.35 on a -current system and it is not broken
(replication etc. all work great)

Anyways I had sent you a bunch of messages early this year on the same
topic -- most of them were copied to misc@ as well. Not sure whether
any of that was of any help. Just in case it is, this was one of the
threads from me:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=135820160219059

The following is more useful than what I wrote

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=135821142622739&w=2

Hope this helps,

Vijay

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited

This message was sent using ForeTell-POST 4.9

Re: obsd 5.3 and openldap

On 2013-06-12, Friedrich Locke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> may someone in the list tell me if with obsd5.3 openldap supports hdb or
> even bdb.
> As far as i know, openldap in openbsd ports is broken.
>
> Thanks you all.
>
> gustavo.

OpenBSD 5.3 ships with OpenLDAP 2.3.43 (with ldbm only) and 2.4.33 (hdb
and bdb). I use 2.4.33 (including replication) in production, works fine here.

You asked about mdb before, I sent a diff out when you asked about that,
but you didn't test/reply.