objcopy / xv6 question

d.lowe
Hello,

I am trying to compile and run xv6 on OpenBSD 5.8, a simple Unix Version
6 clone for educational
usage.  I changed the Makefiles, so that it compiles fine on OpenBSD
(mail me if you need a copy).
Sadly enough, I still can't boot the xv6 image in qemu.

I noticed that the 'initcode' target produces a binary that is way too
big, compared to the initcode
binary on other hosts (eg linux).  The command that generates such a big
binary is

$(OBJCOPY) -S -O binary initcode.out initcode

I am not sure, why do I get binary 'initcode' with 128MB?

I am not sure if this is the bug why xv6 doesn't boot, but I also do not
understand why I am getting
such a big binary from that command?  Is this a bug in objcopy?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  - dl

Re: objcopy / xv6 question

d.lowe
Thanks, but Minix v3 is much more complicated than xv6.