ntop on openbsd

Indunil Jayasooriya
Hi,

i installed ntop by going to /usr/ports/net/ntop/ (then, make , make
install)

How to  run it on web mode?

When I type below command

 ntop -w 3000 -d

it gives below output.

-w mode is disabled for security reasons.

I want to see traffic via web browser.

How can I achieve this ?

just a source.

http://www.computerglitch.net/blog/attic/ntop-2-0-on-openbsd.html

--
cat /etc/motd

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya
http://www.theravadanet.net/
http://www.siyabas.lk/sinhala_how_to_install.html   -  Download Sinhala
Fonts

Re: ntop on openbsd

Stuart Henderson
On 2016-03-15, Indunil Jayasooriya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i installed ntop by going to /usr/ports/net/ntop/ (then, make , make
> install)
>
> How to  run it on web mode?

This isn't the ntop you think it is, it's a super-old one which should
probably just be removed.

I have a WIP port of ntopng at https://junkpile.org/ntopng.tgz. It looks
quite nice but it crashes when it sees some JSON over HTTP packets, so it
doesn't stay running very long for me. I'll look at it again sometime but
upstream want me to try a devel version which needs a bunch of work first
(OpenBSD has a non-standard bpf_timeval struct which gets in the way of
porting many programs which do packet capture).

Re: ntop on openbsd

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 2016-03-15, Indunil Jayasooriya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i installed ntop by going to /usr/ports/net/ntop/ (then, make , make
>> install)
>>
>> How to  run it on web mode?
>
> This isn't the ntop you think it is, it's a super-old one which should
> probably just be removed.

Actually we have already removed it:

  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=142961757031312&w=2

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE