(no subject)

Neet Kucing
I was trying to install 6.8 but after booting shortly the font became too
small . And i cant read anything . Is there any way to handle this ? I use
HP Probook 242 G1 . The installation medium was created just about
20minutes ago , and the host was MX linux live .

Re: your mail

Chris Bennett-6
On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 06:56:41PM +0700, Neet Kucing wrote:
> I was trying to install 6.8 but after booting shortly the font became too
> small . And i cant read anything . Is there any way to handle this ? I use
> HP Probook 242 G1 . The installation medium was created just about
> 20minutes ago , and the host was MX linux live .

One option would be to use a magnifying glass. Crude but effective.
I'd go for this option. If that won't work, see if someone can help you
out.

Another option would be to write a file for autoinstall, then let it run
the installation. Assuming you can make that work with your setup.

Depending on your situation, you may want to just install everything to
one partition, not using up the rest of the disk.
After install, make new partitions into the unused space with disklabel,
newfs, fsck -fp and mount them and edit /etc/fstab.

Security wise, I would at least get /var and /usr/local into their own
partitions. /home also would be really good, too.

Note: you can growfs partitions bigger, but you can't make them smaller.
Making them smaller means baking up the data, changing the partition
smaller, newfs, fsck -fp, etcetera and restoring the backup into it.

Good luck,
Chris Bennett