Quantcast

(no subject)

Bob Beck-3

        Users are cautioned about rogue ftp sites claiming to have OpenBSD.

        The best place to get OpenBSD is from an official CD set, produced in
a secured location

        It has come to our attention that some ftp sites (ftp.kd85.com) which
are not official OpenBSD mirrors are purporting to serve OpenBSD 4.5
at this time. We have noted that what is actually present in the 4.5
directory is not 4.5, but rather a late development cycle snapshot which
they have moved into place claiming it is 4.5.

  While we have no problem with anyone mirroring OpenBSD for the good
of the user community, we do believe that people who offer up the wrong
thing are being deceptive and will hurt the userbase - particularly when
the packages being offered up are not the release versions.

  please ensure you look at http://www.openbsd.org/ftp.html when
choosing to do an ftp install, and don't be fooled by someone "phishing"
for your ftp traffic.