(no subject)

mr.e-3
"The MCA bus found in various official IBM PCs is not supported."
BOOO!  HISSSS!  BOOOO!

seriously, I'd love to see OpenBSD running on one of my old PS/2
machines.  The market may be small but given that NetBSD runs on MCA what
would your developers need to get this done?  If it's only a matter of
hardware I can assist!

Re:

Nick Holland
mr.e wrote:
> "The MCA bus found in various official IBM PCs is not supported."
> BOOO!  HISSSS!  BOOOO!
>
> seriously, I'd love to see OpenBSD running on one of my old PS/2
> machines.  The market may be small but given that NetBSD runs on MCA what
> would your developers need to get this done?
Motivation.
Someone has to care enough and have reason to write/port the code, test
enough hardware that it would be useful, maintain it and the desire to
actually use it to keep it useful.

That's something of a tall order.  There are a lot of more interesting
things to work on on less frustrating hardware.

HOWEVER, I suspect if someone submitted good code they could maintain,
it would probably be committed.

Nick.