nickle script in Xenocara

Vadim Zhukov
During a conversation with aja@, I've run a check for any
"#!/usr/bin/env foo" users in base, and found this:

$ head -1 /usr/X11R6/bin/xkeystone
#!/usr/bin/env nickle
$ locate */nickle
/home/pers/FreeBSD/ports/lang/nickle

Is it on purpose, or should it be removed?

I found that it cames together with xrandr. I'm not sure how to deal
with bsd.xorg.mk callers in such case, so no patch yet, sorry.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

Re: nickle script in Xenocara

Matthieu Herrb
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 01:39:11PM +0400, Vadim Zhukov wrote:

> During a conversation with aja@, I've run a check for any
> "#!/usr/bin/env foo" users in base, and found this:
>
> $ head -1 /usr/X11R6/bin/xkeystone
> #!/usr/bin/env nickle
> $ locate */nickle
> /home/pers/FreeBSD/ports/lang/nickle
>
> Is it on purpose, or should it be removed?
>
> I found that it cames together with xrandr. I'm not sure how to deal
> with bsd.xorg.mk callers in such case, so no patch yet, sorry.

Since it doesn't do any harm and there's no option in the default
xrandr package to disable its installation, I just let it get
installed.

If someone submits a patch to configure.ac that adds an option to
disable it (and may be some autodetection for lazy ppl), I can take
care of pushing it upstreams.

--
Matthieu Herrb