[new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

[new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

Chang, Chu-Kuan
Hi,

Here is a port of lf ( https://github.com/gokcehan/lf ), a terminal
file manager written in Go and is heavily inspired by ranger.

It build well on amd64-6.8 system.

Because upstream doesn't do semantic versioning, I make my own vendored
distfile like sysutil/fzf. I am a noob and do not know if it is the
standard way to deal with go versioning problem.

DESCR:
lf (as in "list files") is a terminal file manager written in Go.
It is heavily inspired by ranger with some missing and extra features.

Chang, Chu-Kuan

lf.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

Paco Esteban-2
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Chang, Chu-Kuan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a port of lf ( https://github.com/gokcehan/lf ), a terminal
> file manager written in Go and is heavily inspired by ranger.
>
> It build well on amd64-6.8 system.

All ports development happens in -current.  If you plan to send more
ports or updates, please use a recent snapshot with a recent ports tree.

> Because upstream doesn't do semantic versioning, I make my own vendored
> distfile like sysutil/fzf. I am a noob and do not know if it is the
> standard way to deal with go versioning problem.

Take a look at portgen(1).  It helps in those situations.

I used portgen to create the base of the port and added the do-install
target as you did for the man page and all that.  Find attached
a version with those changes.

I would suggest you to take MAINTAINER if you can, so we don't import an
"orphan" port.

It works ok on amd64.

ok to import ?

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

Re: [new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

Paco Esteban-2
Now with 100% more ports attached !

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

lf.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

Stuart Henderson
On 2021/01/20 19:41, Paco Esteban wrote:

> Now with 100% more ports attached !
>
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, Paco Esteban wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Chang, Chu-Kuan wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here is a port of lf ( https://github.com/gokcehan/lf ), a terminal
> > > file manager written in Go and is heavily inspired by ranger.
> > >
> > > It build well on amd64-6.8 system.
> >
> > All ports development happens in -current.  If you plan to send more
> > ports or updates, please use a recent snapshot with a recent ports tree.
> >
> > > Because upstream doesn't do semantic versioning, I make my own vendored
> > > distfile like sysutil/fzf. I am a noob and do not know if it is the
> > > standard way to deal with go versioning problem.
> >
> > Take a look at portgen(1).  It helps in those situations.
> >
> > I used portgen to create the base of the port and added the do-install
> > target as you did for the man page and all that.  Find attached
> > a version with those changes.
> >
> > I would suggest you to take MAINTAINER if you can, so we don't import an
> > "orphan" port.
> >
> > It works ok on amd64.
> >
> > ok to import ?
> >
> > --
> > Paco Esteban.
> > 0x5818130B8A6DBC03
> >

> --
> Paco Esteban.
> 0x5818130B8A6DBC03

- s/inspred/inspired/ in COMMENT

- missing WANTLIB
WANTLIB += c pthread

- missing @sample:
share/examples/lf/
@sample ${SYSCONFDIR}/lf/
share/examples/lf/lfrc.example
@sample ${SYSCONFDIR}/lf/lfrc

- tar.xz extract case in lfrc.example doesn't work with openbsd tar
untested but maybe "xzcat $f | tar xvf -" works?

- maybe set PKGNAME=lf-0.0.0.20210119 either directly or via
lf-${MODGO_VERSION:C/v([0-9.]*)-([0-9]{8}).*/\1.\2/}
to avoid the need to use EPOCH if/when they start doing normal
versions?

Re: [new] sysutils/lf a terminal file manager

Chang, Chu-Kuan
Rewrite port with you guys' suggestion.

So if I were to update the port, I should rerun portgen(1) then merge
MODGO_* variables into new port?

OK?

Many thanks.

lf.tgz (2K) Download Attachment