[new] py-rfc6555

Remi Locherer
Hi,

py-rfc6555 is a Python library that implements the "Happy Eyeballs"
algorithm described in RFC 6555. It's a new dependency for the latest
version of OfflineIMAP.

I was a bit unsure whether I should provide a python3 flavor. The only
consumer (OfflineIMAP) is python2 only. py-rfc6555 depends on py-selector2
which is also python2 only. The description of the later sounds like it
provides functionality backported from modern python.

OK to import?

Remi

py-rfc6555.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] py-rfc6555

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 11:14:01PM +0200, Remi Locherer wrote:
> Hi,

> py-rfc6555 is a Python library that implements the "Happy Eyeballs"
> algorithm described in RFC 6555. It's a new dependency for the latest
> version of OfflineIMAP.

> I was a bit unsure whether I should provide a python3 flavor. The only
> consumer (OfflineIMAP) is python2 only. py-rfc6555 depends on py-selector2
> which is also python2 only. The description of the later sounds like it
> provides functionality backported from modern python.

> OK to import?

Here's a different version with a python3 flavor. Hopefully OfflineIMAP
will finish their move to python 3 eventually.

selectors2 is only needed for python versions < 3.4.

I've included a couple patches to fix that. I've submitted a pull
request upstream for those changes.

I tweaked the comment to drop mention of Python since we know py-rfc6555
is for Python. I made the py-selectors2 RUN_DEPENDS only for python 2
and tacked the needs MODPY_FLAVOR onto the end of py-mock.

With these changes, OK

--Kurt

Re: [new] py-rfc6555

Remi Locherer
On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 06:31:28PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 11:14:01PM +0200, Remi Locherer wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > py-rfc6555 is a Python library that implements the "Happy Eyeballs"
> > algorithm described in RFC 6555. It's a new dependency for the latest
> > version of OfflineIMAP.
>
> > I was a bit unsure whether I should provide a python3 flavor. The only
> > consumer (OfflineIMAP) is python2 only. py-rfc6555 depends on py-selector2
> > which is also python2 only. The description of the later sounds like it
> > provides functionality backported from modern python.
>
> > OK to import?
>
> Here's a different version with a python3 flavor. Hopefully OfflineIMAP
> will finish their move to python 3 eventually.
>
> selectors2 is only needed for python versions < 3.4.
>
> I've included a couple patches to fix that. I've submitted a pull
> request upstream for those changes.
>
> I tweaked the comment to drop mention of Python since we know py-rfc6555
> is for Python. I made the py-selectors2 RUN_DEPENDS only for python 2
> and tacked the needs MODPY_FLAVOR onto the end of py-mock.

Somehow your patches did not made it my to mailbox. Do you mind resending
them? ;-)

Initially I also had a python3 flavor. The tests failed because selectors2
is not available. With your pull request for py-rfc6555 this sould be fixed.

> With these changes, OK
>
> --Kurt

Re: [new] py-rfc6555

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 08:00:55AM +0200, Remi Locherer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 06:31:28PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> > Here's a different version with a python3 flavor. Hopefully OfflineIMAP
> > will finish their move to python 3 eventually.

> > selectors2 is only needed for python versions < 3.4.

> > I've included a couple patches to fix that. I've submitted a pull
> > request upstream for those changes.

> > I tweaked the comment to drop mention of Python since we know py-rfc6555
> > is for Python. I made the py-selectors2 RUN_DEPENDS only for python 2
> > and tacked the needs MODPY_FLAVOR onto the end of py-mock.

> Somehow your patches did not made it my to mailbox. Do you mind resending
> them? ;-)

> Initially I also had a python3 flavor. The tests failed because selectors2
> is not available. With your pull request for py-rfc6555 this sould be fixed.

> > With these changes, OK

Oops. :)

Let's try this again.

--Kurt

py-rfc6555-kmos.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] py-rfc6555

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/08/23 09:34, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 08:00:55AM +0200, Remi Locherer wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 06:31:28PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
>
> > > Here's a different version with a python3 flavor. Hopefully OfflineIMAP
> > > will finish their move to python 3 eventually.
>
> > > selectors2 is only needed for python versions < 3.4.
>
> > > I've included a couple patches to fix that. I've submitted a pull
> > > request upstream for those changes.
>
> > > I tweaked the comment to drop mention of Python since we know py-rfc6555
> > > is for Python. I made the py-selectors2 RUN_DEPENDS only for python 2
> > > and tacked the needs MODPY_FLAVOR onto the end of py-mock.
>
> > Somehow your patches did not made it my to mailbox. Do you mind resending
> > them? ;-)
>
> > Initially I also had a python3 flavor. The tests failed because selectors2
> > is not available. With your pull request for py-rfc6555 this sould be fixed.
>
> > > With these changes, OK
>
> Oops. :)
>
> Let's try this again.
>
> --Kurt