new: py-filetype

Paco Esteban-2
Hi ports@,

This is a port for filetype, a Python port from filetype Go package.

It's needed for the upate of audio/py-eyed3.

Builds ok and works for me on amd64.
About tests, the 7 tests related to py-test-benchmark fail with fixture
not found, even when the package is installed.  The rest pass.
I've checked other ports that depend on it (even
devel/py-test-benchmark, which depends on itself for tests) and all of
them fail with more or less the same message.  I think we have a problem
on that port.

There's also a warning when generating PLIST:

    Warning: py3-filetype-1.0.7 conflicts with py3-dfvfs-20200211
    (security/py-dfvfs,python3):/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/examples/__init__.py
    /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/examples/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc

kmos@ suggests to comment those lines for now.  Please take a look if we
can comment others on the same directory structure (which may
potentially conflict with other ports in the future).

Cheers,
Paco.

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

py-filetype.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: new: py-filetype

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 04:15:24PM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:
> Hi ports@,

> This is a port for filetype, a Python port from filetype Go package.

> It's needed for the upate of audio/py-eyed3.

> Builds ok and works for me on amd64.
> About tests, the 7 tests related to py-test-benchmark fail with fixture
> not found, even when the package is installed.  The rest pass.
> I've checked other ports that depend on it (even
> devel/py-test-benchmark, which depends on itself for tests) and all of
> them fail with more or less the same message.  I think we have a problem
> on that port.

> There's also a warning when generating PLIST:

>     Warning: py3-filetype-1.0.7 conflicts with py3-dfvfs-20200211
>     (security/py-dfvfs,python3):/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/examples/__init__.py
>     /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/examples/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc

> kmos@ suggests to comment those lines for now.  Please take a look if we
> can comment others on the same directory structure (which may
> potentially conflict with other ports in the future).

> Cheers,
> Paco.

The tarball includes extraneous .pytest_cache and .hypothesis directories.

I'm not sure what is up with those py-test-benchmark test failures.

There are a number of other files it is trying to put directly in
site-packages/examples/ that should also be commented out to avoid future
problems. (buffer.py, bytes.py, file.py and the MODPY_PYCACHE version of
those lines)

Once those are correct, ok kmos.

--Kurt