new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Leonid Bobrov
http://www.dettus.net/dMagentic returns 404 error, fix this link.

> PKGNAME = dMagneticx-${V}

Maybe it's better to avoid upper-vase letters in PKGNAME?

> REVISION = 0

Remove this line.

> MAINTAINER = Joe User <juser@127.0.0.1>

Don't be a jerk. Remove this line or write yourself there as a maintainer.

> MAKE_FLAGS = CC="${CC}" CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

Do you need help writing a proper Makefile?

> #### HELPME: Where would I put those files??
> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/dMagnetic.ini ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic
> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE.txt ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic
> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic

${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/dMagnetic.ini ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE.txt ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic

I am not sure somebody would like to waste disk space to install license
text.

If you need help fixing your Makefile, I need read access to the
snapshot of dMagnetic, not to latest release. Start using version
control system, I don't care which one it will be as long as I can
check out the snapshot and send a diff.

And know this: the only proper maintainer of this port is you no matter
how skilled you are. Don't expect somebody else to take this burden.

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Brian Callahan-5

On 5/21/19 10:01 AM, Leonid Bobrov wrote:

> http://www.dettus.net/dMagentic returns 404 error, fix this link.
>
>> PKGNAME = dMagneticx-${V}
> Maybe it's better to avoid upper-vase letters in PKGNAME?
>
>> REVISION = 0
> Remove this line.
>
>> MAINTAINER = Joe User <juser@127.0.0.1>
> Don't be a jerk. Remove this line or write yourself there as a maintainer.
>
>> MAKE_FLAGS = CC="${CC}" CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
> Do you need help writing a proper Makefile?
>
>> #### HELPME: Where would I put those files??
>> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/dMagnetic.ini ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic
>> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE.txt ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic
>> # ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/games/dMagnetic
> ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/dMagnetic.ini ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE.txt ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
> ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
>
> I am not sure somebody would like to waste disk space to install license
> text.
>
> If you need help fixing your Makefile, I need read access to the
> snapshot of dMagnetic, not to latest release. Start using version
> control system, I don't care which one it will be as long as I can
> check out the snapshot and send a diff.
>
> And know this: the only proper maintainer of this port is you no matter
> how skilled you are. Don't expect somebody else to take this burden.

Leonid: Why are you attacking a new porter who recognizes that he needs
help creating a port of /his own software/ and has asked for it? Please
don't reply to this thread any more.

Thomas: Sorry about that. Someone (probably me) will take a look at this
once some free time opens up.

~Brian

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Thomas Dettbarn
Don't be sorry.
I was not offended. :)

The most important thing was: He helped me!

> [...]

> > ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
> > ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
> >
> > I am not sure somebody would like to waste disk space to install license
> > text.
> >
> > If you need help fixing your Makefile, I need read access to the
> > snapshot of dMagnetic, not to latest release. Start using version
> > control system, I don't care which one it will be as long as I can
> > check out the snapshot and send a diff.
> >
> > And know this: the only proper maintainer of this port is you no matter
> > how skilled you are. Don't expect somebody else to take this burden.
> >

> Leonid: Why are you attacking a new porter who recognizes that he needs
> help creating a port of /his own software/ and has asked for it? Please
> don't reply to this thread any more.
>
> Thomas: Sorry about that. Someone (probably me) will take a look at this

Thank you Leonid. Thank you Brian.

So, I worked in the suggestions from Leonid. Now compiling, installing
and deinstalling work (on a 6.3 installation). I re-uploaded the package
to my website. I agree, the snap-shot-thingie is not ideal, but it is the
best I can offer you at the moment.
The project's website is http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic/, the port itself
http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic/openbsd_games_dMagnetic.tar.gz

If you do have a look (which would be awesome), then please keep in mind
that the binaries are needed for actually playing the games. The README.txt
contains instructions as on how to get them. As does the manpage, and the
helpscreen, and the .ini-file.

Thomas

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 04:45:48PM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:

> > Brian Callahan <[hidden email]> hat am 21. Mai 2019 um 16:12 geschrieben:
> >

> > On 5/21/19 10:01 AM, Leonid Bobrov wrote:
> > > http://www.dettus.net/dMagentic returns 404 error, fix this link.

> > > Maybe it's better to avoid upper-vase letters in PKGNAME?

> > > Remove this line.

> > > Don't be a jerk. Remove this line or write yourself there as a maintainer.

> > > Do you need help writing a proper Makefile?

> > > ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> > > ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/dMagnetic.ini ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> > > ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/LICENSE.txt ${PREFIX}/share/dMagnetic
> > > ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
> > > ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/README.txt ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic
> > >
> > > I am not sure somebody would like to waste disk space to install license
> > > text.
> > >
> > > If you need help fixing your Makefile, I need read access to the
> > > snapshot of dMagnetic, not to latest release. Start using version
> > > control system, I don't care which one it will be as long as I can
> > > check out the snapshot and send a diff.
> > >
> > > And know this: the only proper maintainer of this port is you no matter
> > > how skilled you are. Don't expect somebody else to take this burden.
> > >

> > Leonid: Why are you attacking a new porter who recognizes that he needs
> > help creating a port of /his own software/ and has asked for it? Please
> > don't reply to this thread any more.
> >
> > Thomas: Sorry about that. Someone (probably me) will take a look at this
> > once some free time opens up.
> >
> > ~Brian
> >

> Thank you Leonid. Thank you Brian.
>

> So, I worked in the suggestions from Leonid. Now compiling, installing
> and deinstalling work (on a 6.3 installation). I re-uploaded the package
> to my website. I agree, the snap-shot-thingie is not ideal, but it is the
> best I can offer you at the moment.
> The project's website is http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic/, the port itself
> http://www.dettus.net/dMagnetic/openbsd_games_dMagnetic.tar.gz
>

> If you do have a look (which would be awesome), then please keep in mind
> that the binaries are needed for actually playing the games. The README.txt
> contains instructions as on how to get them. As does the manpage, and the
> helpscreen, and the .ini-file.
>

> Thomas

Sorry for that language of mine, I meant no offense, but anyway I caused
misunderstanding.

Thomas, I assume that dMagnetic.ini file is an example configuration, if
so, it's better to place it in ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic/
(I see that I made a mistake by pointing README.txt file there)

Also please write a pkg/README file in your port, the ports system will
make it install as /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/dmagnetic and, after
people install a package, they'll see a message that readme is
installed, no need to install README.txt file.

Also I see that your project's Makefile has install target. I still
offer help fixing some issues in your Makefile. I can note about
CC and CFLAGS. In the source code of dMagentic write something like
this:
```
CC?= gcc
CFLAGS?= -03
CFLAGS+= -Wall
```
That way you won't need "MAKE_FLAGS =" line, because ports system should
set them via env(1). In shell that would look like this:
$ env CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS="-02 -pipe" make all

If it won't set CC, then your Makefile will just default to gcc,
if it won't set CFLAGS, then your Makefile will just default to -03

Also about install target you need to know that ports system sets
PREFIX as env(1) variable, so I guess you can rename INSTALLPREFIX to
just PREFIX:
PREFIX?=/usr/local

Then in port's Makefile add this line:
FAKE_FLAGS = INSTALLMAN=${PREFIX}/man

But I am writting this for future versions of your project, so you don't
need to patch dMagentic 0.12

Also I still recommend you to use any version control system. If you are
unsure which one, most people prefer Git. Other popular VCS'es are:
Mercurial, SVN, Fossil and CVS. It's a really useful tool every
developer needs, I wish I could explain why.

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Thomas Dettbarn

> Sorry for that language of mine, I meant no offense, but anyway I caused
> misunderstanding.
>
> Thomas, I assume that dMagnetic.ini file is an example configuration, if
> so, it's better to place it in ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic/
> (I see that I made a mistake by pointing README.txt file there)
>
> Also please write a pkg/README file in your port, the ports system will
> make it install as /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/dmagnetic and, after
> people install a package, they'll see a message that readme is
> installed, no need to install README.txt file.
>
> Also I see that your project's Makefile has install target. I still
> offer help fixing some issues in your Makefile. I can note about
> CC and CFLAGS. In the source code of dMagentic write something like
> this:
> ```
> CC?= gcc
> CFLAGS?= -03
> CFLAGS+= -Wall
> ```
> That way you won't need "MAKE_FLAGS =" line, because ports system should
> set them via env(1). In shell that would look like this:
> $ env CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS="-02 -pipe" make all
>
> If it won't set CC, then your Makefile will just default to gcc,
> if it won't set CFLAGS, then your Makefile will just default to -03
>
> Also about install target you need to know that ports system sets
> PREFIX as env(1) variable, so I guess you can rename INSTALLPREFIX to
> just PREFIX:
> PREFIX?=/usr/local
>
> Then in port's Makefile add this line:
> FAKE_FLAGS = INSTALLMAN=${PREFIX}/man
>
> But I am writting this for future versions of your project, so you don't
> need to patch dMagentic 0.12
>
> Also I still recommend you to use any version control system. If you are
> unsure which one, most people prefer Git. Other popular VCS'es are:
> Mercurial, SVN, Fossil and CVS. It's a really useful tool every
> developer needs, I wish I could explain why.

Haha.

Dude, apology ACCEPTED. But apology NOT NECESSARY. :) I was
not offended at all!!!! You put in some effort, looking at my work.
You gave me feedback, I learned something.
And you helped me! That is the most important thing.

My goal is to get my project into the ports tree, and your input
gets me closer. In other words: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!

I definitely will work in the changes you suggested. They are very
good. As for the VCS: I am currently hosting the source on github,
albeit in a private repository. I will make it public soon.

For the ports, I have created a public repo, you can find it at
http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages.

Thomas

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Stuart Henderson
Hi - "Leonid Bobrov" is wrong about CC/CFLAGS, it is totally acceptable to
set variables in your Makefile and override them with command line flags.

And it is not necessary to add a pkg-readme if the normal documentation is
enough.

--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 21 May 2019 21:07:59 dettus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Sorry for that language of mine, I meant no offense, but anyway I caused
>> misunderstanding.
>>

>> Thomas, I assume that dMagnetic.ini file is an example configuration, if
>> so, it's better to place it in ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic/
>> (I see that I made a mistake by pointing README.txt file there)
>>

>> Also please write a pkg/README file in your port, the ports system will
>> make it install as /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/dmagnetic and, after
>> people install a package, they'll see a message that readme is
>> installed, no need to install README.txt file.
>>

>> Also I see that your project's Makefile has install target. I still
>> offer help fixing some issues in your Makefile. I can note about
>> CC and CFLAGS. In the source code of dMagentic write something like
>> this:
>> ```
>> CC?= gcc
>> CFLAGS?= -03
>> CFLAGS+= -Wall
>> ```
>> That way you won't need "MAKE_FLAGS =" line, because ports system should
>> set them via env(1). In shell that would look like this:
>> $ env CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS="-02 -pipe" make all
>>

>> If it won't set CC, then your Makefile will just default to gcc,
>> if it won't set CFLAGS, then your Makefile will just default to -03
>>

>> Also about install target you need to know that ports system sets
>> PREFIX as env(1) variable, so I guess you can rename INSTALLPREFIX to
>> just PREFIX:
>> PREFIX?=/usr/local
>>

>> Then in port's Makefile add this line:
>> FAKE_FLAGS = INSTALLMAN=${PREFIX}/man
>>

>> But I am writting this for future versions of your project, so you don't
>> need to patch dMagentic 0.12
>>

>> Also I still recommend you to use any version control system. If you are
>> unsure which one, most people prefer Git. Other popular VCS'es are:
>> Mercurial, SVN, Fossil and CVS. It's a really useful tool every
>> developer needs, I wish I could explain why.
>

> Haha.
>
> Dude, apology ACCEPTED. But apology NOT NECESSARY. :) I was
> not offended at all!!!! You put in some effort, looking at my work.
> You gave me feedback, I learned something.
> And you helped me! That is the most important thing.
>
> My goal is to get my project into the ports tree, and your input
> gets me closer. In other words: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
>

> I definitely will work in the changes you suggested. They are very
> good. As for the VCS: I am currently hosting the source on github,
> albeit in a private repository. I will make it public soon.
>
> For the ports, I have created a public repo, you can find it at
> http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages.
>

> Thomas

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (help me, please)

Brian Callahan-5
Hi Thomas --

On 5/21/19 7:26 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Hi - "Leonid Bobrov" is wrong about CC/CFLAGS, it is totally
> acceptable to set variables in your Makefile and override them with
> command line flags.
>
> And it is not necessary to add a pkg-readme if the normal
> documentation is enough.
>
> --
> Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
>
> On 21 May 2019 21:07:59 dettus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry for that language of mine, I meant no offense, but anyway I
>>> caused
>>> misunderstanding.
>>>

>>> Thomas, I assume that dMagnetic.ini file is an example
>>> configuration, if
>>> so, it's better to place it in ${PREFIX}/share/examples/dMagnetic/
>>> (I see that I made a mistake by pointing README.txt file there)
>>>

>>> Also please write a pkg/README file in your port, the ports system will
>>> make it install as /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/dmagnetic and,
>>> after
>>> people install a package, they'll see a message that readme is
>>> installed, no need to install README.txt file.
>>>

>>> Also I see that your project's Makefile has install target. I still
>>> offer help fixing some issues in your Makefile. I can note about
>>> CC and CFLAGS. In the source code of dMagentic write something like
>>> this:
>>> ```
>>> CC?= gcc
>>> CFLAGS?= -03
>>> CFLAGS+= -Wall
>>> ```
>>> That way you won't need "MAKE_FLAGS =" line, because ports system
>>> should
>>> set them via env(1). In shell that would look like this:
>>> $ env CC=/usr/bin/clang CFLAGS="-02 -pipe" make all
>>>

>>> If it won't set CC, then your Makefile will just default to gcc,
>>> if it won't set CFLAGS, then your Makefile will just default to -03
>>>

>>> Also about install target you need to know that ports system sets
>>> PREFIX as env(1) variable, so I guess you can rename INSTALLPREFIX to
>>> just PREFIX:
>>> PREFIX?=/usr/local
>>>

>>> Then in port's Makefile add this line:
>>> FAKE_FLAGS = INSTALLMAN=${PREFIX}/man
>>>

>>> But I am writting this for future versions of your project, so you
>>> don't
>>> need to patch dMagentic 0.12
>>>

>>> Also I still recommend you to use any version control system. If you
>>> are
>>> unsure which one, most people prefer Git. Other popular VCS'es are:
>>> Mercurial, SVN, Fossil and CVS. It's a really useful tool every
>>> developer needs, I wish I could explain why.
>>

>> Haha.
>>
>> Dude, apology ACCEPTED. But apology NOT NECESSARY. :) I was
>> not offended at all!!!! You put in some effort, looking at my work.
>> You gave me feedback, I learned something.
>> And you helped me! That is the most important thing.
>>
>> My goal is to get my project into the ports tree, and your input
>> gets me closer. In other words: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
>>

>> I definitely will work in the changes you suggested. They are very
>> good. As for the VCS: I am currently hosting the source on github,
>> albeit in a private repository. I will make it public soon.
>>
>> For the ports, I have created a public repo, you can find it at
>> http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages.
>>

>> Thomas

Attached is a slightly tweaked tarball based on that public repo. The
port was mostly good; I just made small adjustments to bring things into
our standard conventions (like, not starting COMMENT with a capital
letter or an indefinite article).

Your instructions in the manual pages and the binary itself were way
more than enough for me to get pawn to play on my machine.

~Brian

dmagnetic.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

On 5/22/19 2:21 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Attached is a slightly tweaked tarball based on that public repo. The
> port was mostly good; I just made small adjustments to bring things
> into our standard conventions (like, not starting COMMENT with a
> capital letter or an indefinite article).
>
> Your instructions in the manual pages and the binary itself were way
> more than enough for me to get pawn to play on my machine.
>
> ~Brian

Great!
Thank you so much!

Have you also tried "-vmode low_ansi"? I am asking, because I am
thinking about making that the default mode.

Thomas

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (you helped me. Now what?)

Thomas Dettbarn
Hello.

>     Attached is a slightly tweaked tarball based on that public repo. The
>     port was mostly good; I just made small adjustments to bring things into
>     our standard conventions (like, not starting COMMENT with a capital
>     letter or an indefinite article).
>
>     Your instructions in the manual pages and the binary itself were way
>     more than enough for me to get pawn to play on my machine.
>
>     ~Brian

So, I created a new release, dMagnetic 0.13. For this, I applied the
suggestions to the Makefile from Leonid.

In addition to this, I applied Brians patch to the port at the github
repository at

https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/OpenBSD/games/dmagnetic

It is now referring to version 0.13.

What happens now? What would be the next step to REALLY get
my project into the ports tree? Who decides that it has its place there?

Thomas

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:

> Hello.
>

> >     Attached is a slightly tweaked tarball based on that public repo. The
> >     port was mostly good; I just made small adjustments to bring things into
> >     our standard conventions (like, not starting COMMENT with a capital
> >     letter or an indefinite article).
> >
> >     Your instructions in the manual pages and the binary itself were way
> >     more than enough for me to get pawn to play on my machine.
> >
> >     ~Brian
> >

> So, I created a new release, dMagnetic 0.13. For this, I applied the
> suggestions to the Makefile from Leonid.
>
> In addition to this, I applied Brians patch to the port at the github
> repository at
>
> https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/OpenBSD/games/dmagnetic
>
> It is now referring to version 0.13.
>

> What happens now? What would be the next step to REALLY get
> my project into the ports tree? Who decides that it has its place there?
>

> Thomas

You need to wait. There are many ports to be added/upgraded, so you are
not alone. Committers are busy and each one has their own priorities
what to do in free time. I believe Solene already told you that.

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (you helped me. Now what?)

Thomas Dettbarn
"Waiting...". Got it! Thanks!!

On 5/24/19 10:00 AM, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:

> "Waiting...". Got it! Thanks!!
>

>> Leonid Bobrov <[hidden email]> hat am 24. Mai 2019 um 15:35 geschrieben:
>>

>> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
>>> Hello.

>>> So, I created a new release, dMagnetic 0.13. For this, I applied the
>>> suggestions to the Makefile from Leonid.
>>>
>>> In addition to this, I applied Brians patch to the port at the github
>>> repository at
>>>
>>> https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/OpenBSD/games/dmagnetic
>>>
>>> It is now referring to version 0.13.
>>>

>>> What happens now? What would be the next step to REALLY get
>>> my project into the ports tree? Who decides that it has its place there?
>>>

>>> Thomas
>>>
>> You need to wait. There are many ports to be added/upgraded, so you are
>> not alone. Committers are busy and each one has their own priorities
>> what to do in free time. I believe Solene already told you that.

I noticed you're now on version 0.14 -- but all one has to do is crank
the version number and regen distinfo. Everything else is the same. So
I'm ok with this if someone wants to commit it.

~Brian

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (you helped me. Now what?)

Thomas Dettbarn
Hi!

On 5/31/19 3:25 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> I noticed you're now on version 0.14 -- but all one has to do is crank
> the version number and regen distinfo. Everything else is the same. So
> I'm ok with this if someone wants to commit it.
>
> ~Brian

Told you, I am a "developer" ;)
I already updated the info in my github repository.

https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/OpenBSD/games/dmagnetic

As far as I can tell, it has not made its way into OpenBSD's cvs
repository yet, so that should be fine.

Thomas

On 5/31/19 12:51 AM, dettus wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 5/31/19 3:25 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>
>> I noticed you're now on version 0.14 -- but all one has to do is
>> crank the version number and regen distinfo. Everything else is the
>> same. So I'm ok with this if someone wants to commit it.
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> Told you, I am a "developer" ;)
> I already updated the info in my github repository.
>
> https://github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages/tree/master/OpenBSD/games/dmagnetic
>

> As far as I can tell, it has not made its way into OpenBSD's cvs
> repository yet, so that should be fine.

Huh? My email was a go-ahead for your game to be added to our ports tree.

~Brian

Re: new port games/dMagnetic (you helped me. Now what?)

Thomas Dettbarn
Please forgive my stupidity! :)

> Brian Callahan <[hidden email]> hat am 31. Mai 2019 um 14:40 geschrieben:

> Huh? My email was a go-ahead for your game to be added to our ports tree.
>
> ~Brian

So what I did was

cvs -qd [hidden email]:/cvs checkout -P ports/games/

and checked if my project is in there. It was not. Trying to add the directory with

cvs add games/dmagnetic

resulted in a

cvs server: cannot mkdir /cvs/ports/games/dmagnetic: Permission denied

which is why a cvs diff told me:

? dmagnetic/Makefile
? dmagnetic/distinfo
? dmagnetic/pkg

and after a couple of more tries in

cvs diff -u dmagnetic/*
cvs diff: warning: directory CVS specified in argument
cvs diff: but CVS uses CVS for its own purposes; skipping CVS directory
cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/Makefile
cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/distinfo
cvs server: Diffing dmagnetic/pkg
cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/DESCR is a new entry, no comparison available
cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/PLIST is a new entry, no comparison available

maybe i am stupid? anyways, my port is still at http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages, and pointing towards release 0.14.

On 5/31/19 11:30 AM, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:

> Please forgive my stupidity! :)
>
>> Brian Callahan <[hidden email]> hat am 31. Mai 2019 um 14:40 geschrieben:
>
>> Huh? My email was a go-ahead for your game to be added to our ports tree.
>>
>> ~Brian
>
> So what I did was
>

> cvs -qd [hidden email]:/cvs checkout -P ports/games/
>

> and checked if my project is in there. It was not. Trying to add the directory with
>
> cvs add games/dmagnetic
>
> resulted in a
>
> cvs server: cannot mkdir /cvs/ports/games/dmagnetic: Permission denied
>
> which is why a cvs diff told me:
>
> ? dmagnetic/Makefile
> ? dmagnetic/distinfo
> ? dmagnetic/pkg
>
> and after a couple of more tries in
>
> cvs diff -u dmagnetic/*
> cvs diff: warning: directory CVS specified in argument
> cvs diff: but CVS uses CVS for its own purposes; skipping CVS directory
> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/Makefile
> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/distinfo
> cvs server: Diffing dmagnetic/pkg
> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/DESCR is a new entry, no comparison available
> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/PLIST is a new entry, no comparison available
>

> maybe i am stupid? anyways, my port is still at http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages, and pointing towards release 0.14.

It takes at least two OpenBSD developers to add a new port to the tree:
one to actually make the commit and another to give an ok (effectively,
sign-off) for it. Of course, more than one ok (from multiple OpenBSD
developers) is welcome.

I've done the ok part. That's one. Now a second person has to actually
make the commit that will add your port to the ports tree.
Alternatively, that second person can give me an ok and I can make the
commit.

~Brian

On 5/31/19 11:36 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 5/31/19 11:30 AM, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
>> Please forgive my stupidity! :)
>>
>>> Brian Callahan <[hidden email]> hat am 31. Mai 2019 um 14:40
>>> geschrieben:
>>> Huh? My email was a go-ahead for your game to be added to our ports
>>> tree.
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>>
>> So what I did was
>>

>> cvs -qd [hidden email]:/cvs checkout -P ports/games/
>>

>> and checked if my project is in there. It was not. Trying to add the
>> directory with
>>
>> cvs add games/dmagnetic
>>
>> resulted in a
>>
>> cvs server: cannot mkdir /cvs/ports/games/dmagnetic: Permission denied
>>
>> which is why a cvs diff told me:
>>
>> ? dmagnetic/Makefile
>> ? dmagnetic/distinfo
>> ? dmagnetic/pkg
>>
>> and after a couple of more tries in
>>
>> cvs diff -u dmagnetic/*
>> cvs diff: warning: directory CVS specified in argument
>> cvs diff: but CVS uses CVS for its own purposes; skipping CVS directory
>> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/Makefile
>> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/distinfo
>> cvs server: Diffing dmagnetic/pkg
>> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/DESCR is a new entry, no comparison available
>> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/PLIST is a new entry, no comparison available
>>

>> maybe i am stupid? anyways, my port is still at
>> http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages, and pointing towards
>> release 0.14.
>
> It takes at least two OpenBSD developers to add a new port to the
> tree: one to actually make the commit and another to give an ok
> (effectively, sign-off) for it. Of course, more than one ok (from
> multiple OpenBSD developers) is welcome.
>
> I've done the ok part. That's one. Now a second person has to actually
> make the commit that will add your port to the ports tree.
> Alternatively, that second person can give me an ok and I can make the
> commit.
>
> ~Brian

This has been committed. Thanks everyone.

~Brian

On 6/15/19 11:03 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 5/31/19 11:36 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>

>> On 5/31/19 11:30 AM, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
>>> Please forgive my stupidity! :)

>>> So what I did was
>>>

>>> cvs -qd [hidden email]:/cvs checkout -P ports/games/
>>>

>>> and checked if my project is in there. It was not. Trying to add the
>>> directory with
>>>
>>> cvs add games/dmagnetic
>>>
>>> resulted in a
>>>
>>> cvs server: cannot mkdir /cvs/ports/games/dmagnetic: Permission denied
>>>
>>> which is why a cvs diff told me:
>>>
>>> ? dmagnetic/Makefile
>>> ? dmagnetic/distinfo
>>> ? dmagnetic/pkg
>>>
>>> and after a couple of more tries in
>>>
>>> cvs diff -u dmagnetic/*
>>> cvs diff: warning: directory CVS specified in argument
>>> cvs diff: but CVS uses CVS for its own purposes; skipping CVS directory
>>> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/Makefile
>>> cvs server: I know nothing about dmagnetic/distinfo
>>> cvs server: Diffing dmagnetic/pkg
>>> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/DESCR is a new entry, no comparison available
>>> cvs server: dmagnetic/pkg/PLIST is a new entry, no comparison available
>>>

>>> maybe i am stupid? anyways, my port is still at
>>> http://www.github.com/dettus/ports_and_packages, and pointing
>>> towards release 0.14.
>>
>> It takes at least two OpenBSD developers to add a new port to the
>> tree: one to actually make the commit and another to give an ok
>> (effectively, sign-off) for it. Of course, more than one ok (from
>> multiple OpenBSD developers) is welcome.
>>
>> I've done the ok part. That's one. Now a second person has to
>> actually make the commit that will add your port to the ports tree.
>> Alternatively, that second person can give me an ok and I can make
>> the commit.
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> This has been committed. Thanks everyone.
>
> ~Brian

Yes.

Thank you very very much indeed!

Thomas