new net/icinga/web2-module-graphite

Martijn van Duren-7
Here's a port of web2-module-graphite. I took web2-module-director as a
basis, which worked well enough.

The diff is for a quirk when having a service check based on
snmp-storage. The check uses regexes and anchoring with a '^' is stored
as is by icinga2-graphite, while web2-module-graphite escapes it with a
'_'. Upstream is already notified but not yet merged.[0]

This requires a running graphite including graphite-web, but since that
can run on a separate host I don't think we should add it as a
dependency. This way we can also include it right away for people
offloading their icinga2 graphite needs to an instance not maintained
by ports.

OK?

martijn@

[0]https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-graphite/pull/189

web2-module-graphite.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: new net/icinga/web2-module-graphite

Martijn van Duren-7
ping

On 11/27/18 2:26 PM, Martijn van Duren wrote:

> Here's a port of web2-module-graphite. I took web2-module-director as a
> basis, which worked well enough.
>
> The diff is for a quirk when having a service check based on
> snmp-storage. The check uses regexes and anchoring with a '^' is stored
> as is by icinga2-graphite, while web2-module-graphite escapes it with a
> '_'. Upstream is already notified but not yet merged.[0]
>
> This requires a running graphite including graphite-web, but since that
> can run on a separate host I don't think we should add it as a
> dependency. This way we can also include it right away for people
> offloading their icinga2 graphite needs to an instance not maintained
> by ports.
>
> OK?
>
> martijn@
>
> [0]https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-graphite/pull/189

Re: new net/icinga/web2-module-graphite

Martijn van Duren-7
ping

On 11/27/18 2:26 PM, Martijn van Duren wrote:

> Here's a port of web2-module-graphite. I took web2-module-director as a
> basis, which worked well enough.
>
> The diff is for a quirk when having a service check based on
> snmp-storage. The check uses regexes and anchoring with a '^' is stored
> as is by icinga2-graphite, while web2-module-graphite escapes it with a
> '_'. Upstream is already notified but not yet merged.[0]
>
> This requires a running graphite including graphite-web, but since that
> can run on a separate host I don't think we should add it as a
> dependency. This way we can also include it right away for people
> offloading their icinga2 graphite needs to an instance not maintained
> by ports.
>
> OK?
>
> martijn@
>
> [0]https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-graphite/pull/189

web2-module-graphite.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: new net/icinga/web2-module-graphite

Stuart Henderson
I think it needs to say somewhere that it requires graphite-web which
is not available in ports. (There's extra risk of confusion because
we do have graphics/graphite2 which is something else).

As you have it now (bearing in mind that it pulls in ../Makefile.inc)
it has me listed as maintainer, which I don't want, please either set
an explicit ports@ maintainer to override that, or take maintainer
yourself.

On 2/19/19 3:44 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> I think it needs to say somewhere that it requires graphite-web which
> is not available in ports. (There's extra risk of confusion because
> we do have graphics/graphite2 which is something else).

I already submitted a port for py-graphite-web about 3 months ago, along
with all the other changes required to make it work. But I have received
a disappointing amount of replies.

But I added a note to DESCR to inform people.

> As you have it now (bearing in mind that it pulls in ../Makefile.inc)
> it has me listed as maintainer, which I don't want, please either set
> an explicit ports@ maintainer to override that, or take maintainer
> yourself.

Set maintainer to myself.

Update port attached.