new net/clic

Solene Rapenne
clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.

clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
the number of the link in the current menu.

I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.

It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).

clic.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: new net/clic

Brian Callahan-3
Hi Solene --

On 8/9/18 5:54 AM, Solene Rapenne wrote:

> clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.
>
> clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
> the number of the link in the current menu.
>
> I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
>
> It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
> choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
> wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).

I haven't had time to look at things in detail, but I got a very
different WANTLIB when I ran `make port-lib-depends-check` compared to
what you have.

~Brian

Re: new net/clic

Solene Rapenne
Brian Callahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Solene --
>
> On 8/9/18 5:54 AM, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> > clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.
> >
> > clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
> > the number of the link in the current menu.
> >
> > I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
> >
> > It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
> > choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
> > wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).
> >

> I haven't had time to look at things in detail, but I got a very
> different WANTLIB when I ran `make port-lib-depends-check` compared to
> what you have.
>
> ~Brian

Indeed... I always forget to run port-lib-depends-check...

Re: new net/clic

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
On Thu, Aug 09 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.

Well right now you don't install the manpage.

> clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
> the number of the link in the current menu.
>
> I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
>
> It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
> choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
> wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).

Makes sense.

Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
misplaced.  Didn't you mean:

  # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
  RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils

?

Except for this, seems to work fine.

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: new net/clic

Solene Rapenne
Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 09 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.
>
> Well right now you don't install the manpage.
>
> > clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
> > the number of the link in the current menu.
> >
> > I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
> >
> > It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
> > choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
> > wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).
>
> Makes sense.
>
> Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
> to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
> misplaced.  Didn't you mean:
>
>   # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
>   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils
>
> ?
>
> Except for this, seems to work fine.
- I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
- pledge now has parenthesis
- man is installed

the tarball is using 1.01 version

clic.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: new net/clic

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/08/10 11:12, Solene Rapenne wrote:

> Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 09 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.
> >
> > Well right now you don't install the manpage.
> >
> > > clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
> > > the number of the link in the current menu.
> > >
> > > I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
> > >
> > > It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
> > > choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
> > > wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).
> >
> > Makes sense.
> >
> > Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
> > to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
> > misplaced.  Didn't you mean:
> >
> >   # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
> >   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Except for this, seems to work fine.
>
> - I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
> - pledge now has parenthesis
> - man is installed
>
> the tarball is using 1.01 version

What, no gopher:// MASTER_SITES? :-)

OK sthen@

(Nitpicking I would prefer to reflow pkg/DESCR, currently it's
hard up against 80 columns, it doesn't take any extra lines to
wrap it a little narrower. But I don't insist on this.)

Re: new net/clic

Solene Rapenne
Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018/08/10 11:12, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> > Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well right now you don't install the manpage.

> > > Makes sense.
> > >
> > > Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
> > > to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
> > > misplaced.  Didn't you mean:
> > >
> > >   # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
> > >   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Except for this, seems to work fine.
> >
> > - I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
> > - pledge now has parenthesis
> > - man is installed
> >
> > the tarball is using 1.01 version
> >

> What, no gopher:// MASTER_SITES? :-)
>
> OK sthen@
>
> (Nitpicking I would prefer to reflow pkg/DESCR, currently it's
> hard up against 80 columns, it doesn't take any extra lines to
> wrap it a little narrower. But I don't insist on this.)

we could use gopher:// as MASTER_SITES but I'm not sure that the current
infrastructure supports it. In fact, the ftp server is only running for
openbsd ports (for net/sacc at first) :D

I use 80 columns formatting but I could use less, what would be the
right column number?

Re: new net/clic

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/08/10 12:34, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> we could use gopher:// as MASTER_SITES but I'm not sure that the current
> infrastructure supports it. In fact, the ftp server is only running for
> openbsd ports (for net/sacc at first) :D

Joking :-)

> I use 80 columns formatting but I could use less, what would be the
> right column number?

The only hard rule is "80 columns max" but I usually try to make it look
nice and leave a bit of free space at the right.

Normally I use textproc/par which defaults to 72 columns and looks
nicer than fmt(1)'s simpler algorithm, but if I don't like how it looks
(for example if it's a long text and spreads over too many lines) then
I'll adjust the number of columns or hand-tweak it.

Re: new net/clic

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
On Fri, Aug 10 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 09 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > clic is a text based gopher client. It is pledged and man is included.
>>
>> Well right now you don't install the manpage.
>>
>> > clic is using colors to distinguish links types and is driven by typing
>> > the number of the link in the current menu.
>> >
>> > I want to take maintainership of clic because I'm its author.
>> >
>> > It's developped in common lisp but will only works with lang/ecl, it's a
>> > choice of me so it has a smaller memory usage and doesn't require
>> > wxallowed (lang/sbcl produce ~80Mb binaries and requires wxallowed).
>>
>> Makes sense.
>>
>> Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
>> to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
>> misplaced.  Didn't you mean:
>>
>>   # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
>>   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Except for this, seems to work fine.
>
> - I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
> - pledge now has parenthesis
> - man is installed
>
> the tarball is using 1.01 version

ok jca@

I understand your use of NO_TEST=Yes, but maybe you should make
run-test.sh available in the tarball instead?

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: new net/clic

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
On Fri, Aug 10 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > - I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
>> > - pledge now has parenthesis
>> > - man is installed
>> >
>> > the tarball is using 1.01 version
>> >

>> What, no gopher:// MASTER_SITES? :-)
>>
>> OK sthen@
>>
>> (Nitpicking I would prefer to reflow pkg/DESCR, currently it's
>> hard up against 80 columns, it doesn't take any extra lines to
>> wrap it a little narrower. But I don't insist on this.)
>

> we could use gopher:// as MASTER_SITES but I'm not sure that the current
> infrastructure supports it. In fact, the ftp server is only running for
> openbsd ports (for net/sacc at first) :D

Your upstream, your port, your rules.  But really, FTP in 2018?
HTTP(S) would be sooo much better.  :)

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: new net/clic

Marc Espie-2
On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 01:46:02PM +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> What, no gopher:// MASTER_SITES? :-)
> >>
> >> OK sthen@
> >>
> >> (Nitpicking I would prefer to reflow pkg/DESCR, currently it's
> >> hard up against 80 columns, it doesn't take any extra lines to
> >> wrap it a little narrower. But I don't insist on this.)
> >

> > we could use gopher:// as MASTER_SITES but I'm not sure that the current
> > infrastructure supports it. In fact, the ftp server is only running for
> > openbsd ports (for net/sacc at first) :D

ftp definitely does NOT support gopher for fetching.

We got rid of FETCH_DEPENDS a long while back, and I have 0 intent to
bring it back.

You want gopher master sites ? you'll need a tool in base. Good luck with
that.

Re: new net/clic

Brian Callahan-3

On 8/10/2018 7:43 AM, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10 2018, Solene Rapenne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Well right now you don't install the manpage.

>>> Makes sense.
>>>
>>> Please fix WANTLIB as noted by bcallah@. Nits: the pledge marker seems
>>> to be "uses pledge()" with parens, and the next comment seems to be
>>> misplaced.  Didn't you mean:
>>>
>>>   # To open HTML and other links clic doesn't understand.
>>>   RUN_DEPENDS =   devel/xdg-utils
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Except for this, seems to work fine.
>> - I fixed the WANTLIB thx to bcallah@
>> - pledge now has parenthesis
>> - man is installed
>>
>> the tarball is using 1.01 version
> ok jca@
>
> I understand your use of NO_TEST=Yes, but maybe you should make
> run-test.sh available in the tarball instead?

ok for me too