[new] devel/py-metallum

Johan Huldtgren-6
hello,

py-metallum is a basic python API for querying the Encyclopedia Metallum
(aka metal-archives.com). Tested, built and packaged on amd64.

thanks,

.jh

py-metallum.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] devel/py-metallum

Johan Huldtgren-6
On 2020-03-13  9:25, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> hello,
>
> py-metallum is a basic python API for querying the Encyclopedia Metallum
> (aka metal-archives.com). Tested, built and packaged on amd64.

ping?

thanks,

.jh

py-metallum.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] devel/py-metallum

Theo Buehler-3
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 09:37:57AM -0400, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> On 2020-03-13  9:25, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > py-metallum is a basic python API for querying the Encyclopedia Metallum
> > (aka metal-archives.com). Tested, built and packaged on amd64.

Needs NO_TEST=Yes. With that, ok tb to import.

(note that we already imported py-requests-cache for this port).

Re: [new] devel/py-metallum

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 09:37:57AM -0400, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> On 2020-03-13  9:25, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> > hello,

> > py-metallum is a basic python API for querying the Encyclopedia Metallum
> > (aka metal-archives.com). Tested, built and packaged on amd64.

> ping?

Is there a reason you are downloading from a github commit instead of
using PYPI?

Also, since this is querying a website, wouldn't net or www be a better
category for it?

Also, as tb@ said, adding NO_TEST=Yes along with a comment about the lack
of upstream tests would be good.

After those corrections, I think this could go in.

--Kurt

Re: [new] devel/py-metallum

Johan Huldtgren-6
On 2020-03-26 10:47, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 09:37:57AM -0400, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> > On 2020-03-13  9:25, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
> > > hello,
>
> > > py-metallum is a basic python API for querying the Encyclopedia Metallum
> > > (aka metal-archives.com). Tested, built and packaged on amd64.
>
> > ping?
>
> Is there a reason you are downloading from a github commit instead of
> using PYPI?
I did not find it last time I checked, but that is of course much
better.

> Also, since this is querying a website, wouldn't net or www be a better
> category for it?

Yeah I wasn't sure what category to use, I thought since it's an API
that devel would be better, I'm fine seting it to www though.

> Also, as tb@ said, adding NO_TEST=Yes along with a comment about the lack
> of upstream tests would be good.
>
> After those corrections, I think this could go in.

Updated tarball attached with all the changes discussed in this thread.

thank you both,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 03:09:32PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Is there a reason you are downloading from a github commit instead of
> > using PYPI?

> I did not find it last time I checked, but that is of course much
> better.

> > Also, since this is querying a website, wouldn't net or www be a better
> > category for it?

> Yeah I wasn't sure what category to use, I thought since it's an API
> that devel would be better, I'm fine seting it to www though.

> > Also, as tb@ said, adding NO_TEST=Yes along with a comment about the lack
> > of upstream tests would be good.

> > After those corrections, I think this could go in.

> Updated tarball attached with all the changes discussed in this thread.

Alright. It has been imported. Thanks!

--Kurt