new: devel/py-dateparser

Paco Esteban-2
Hi ports@,

This is a new port for the python dateparser module.  From DESCR:

  Dateparser provides modules to easily parse localized dates in almost any
  string formats commonly found on web pages.

  Features:

  * Generic parsing of dates in over 200 language locales plus numerous formats
    in a language agnostic fashion.
  * Generic parsing of relative dates like: '1 min ago', '2 weeks ago', '3
    months, 1 week and 1 day ago', 'in 2 days', 'tomorrow'.
  * Generic parsing of dates with time zones abbreviations or UTC offsets like:
    'August 14, 2015 EST', 'July 4, 2013 PST', '21 July 2013 10:15 pm +0500'.
  * Date lookup in longer texts.
  * Support for non-Gregorian calendar systems. See Supported Calendars.
  * Extensive test coverage.

This is needed for the update of devel/py-arrow that I sent yesterday.
Thanks bket@ for the heads up.

It has a dependency not in ports (devel/py-regex) that I'll send
separately.
I disabled tests because it needs, at least, 3 new ports just for
testing.  I may enable it later if I decide to follow that rabbit hole.

ok to import ?

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

py-dateparser.tar.gz (5K) Download Attachment

Re: new: devel/py-dateparser

Bjorn Ketelaars

OK bket@ (assuming that py-regex is imported)