[new] databases/p5-DBIx-Simple

Igor Zinovik-3
        Hello.

Here is a port for Perl module DBIx::Simple:

DBIx::Simple provides a simplified interface to DBI, Perl's powerful
database module.

This module is aimed at rapid development and easy maintenance. Query
preparation and execution are combined in a single method, the result
object (which is a wrapper around the statement handle) provides easy
row-by-row and slurping methods.

Regression tests run fine on i386.  Man page looks correctly rendered
with mandoc.

It seems to that i have grammar mistake in COMMENT.  What is correct
'object-orient' or 'object-oriented'?

p5-DBIx-Simple.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [new] databases/p5-DBIx-Simple

Simon Bertrang
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:45:44PM +0300, Igor Zinovik wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Here is a port for Perl module DBIx::Simple:
>
> DBIx::Simple provides a simplified interface to DBI, Perl's powerful
> database module.
>
> This module is aimed at rapid development and easy maintenance. Query
> preparation and execution are combined in a single method, the result
> object (which is a wrapper around the statement handle) provides easy
> row-by-row and slurping methods.
>

> Regression tests run fine on i386.  Man page looks correctly rendered
> with mandoc.
>
> It seems to that i have grammar mistake in COMMENT.  What is correct
> 'object-orient' or 'object-oriented'?

Your current COMMENT looks fine to me, but then I am no native english
speaker. Regression tests pass for me too, only thing that I am not sure
about is the license:

  Pick your favourite OSI approved license :)

  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical

I suspect it's a valid license and in fact, CPAN says unknown...
can someone shed some (l)awful light on this?

Regards,
Simon