mysql sock

Stéphane Guedon
Hello

I wonder something about my mysql socket...

Mainly, my mysql server is used by my webserver (nginx) which is
chrooted. So I link the mysql socket from /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock to
/var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock

is there a way to automate this ?

I think of a small command line to place in the rc script, and the
same when it stops (it remove the link) or restart (remove the link,
then recreate it)...

Thanks for your advices.

Re: mysql sock

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 10:22:54PM +0200, Stéphane Guedon wrote:

> Hello
>
> I wonder something about my mysql socket...
>
> Mainly, my mysql server is used by my webserver (nginx) which is
> chrooted. So I link the mysql socket from /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock to
> /var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> is there a way to automate this ?
>
> I think of a small command line to place in the rc script, and the
> same when it stops (it remove the link) or restart (remove the link,
> then recreate it)...
>
> Thanks for your advices.

Read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/mysql-server-*

Antoine

Re: mysql sock

Stéphane Guedon
Le vendredi 4 avril 2014, 08:40:37 Antoine Jacoutot a écrit :

> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 10:22:54PM +0200, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I wonder something about my mysql socket...
> >
> > Mainly, my mysql server is used by my webserver (nginx) which is
> > chrooted. So I link the mysql socket from
> > /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock to /var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock
> >
> > is there a way to automate this ?
> >
> > I think of a small command line to place in the rc script, and the
> > same when it stops (it remove the link) or restart (remove the
> > link, then recreate it)...
> >
> > Thanks for your advices.
>
> Read /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/mysql-server-*

Thanks !