mutt sidebar + IMAP and sidebar-open

Jacob Yocom-Piatt
i've been tweaking mutt to pull IMAP mail from a number of accounts and
                     have hit a snag with the sidebar feature. the sidebar
correctly displays                              the number of messages in each
folder but it won't open the folders when                              they're
selected and the sidebar-open key binding is used.

the troubles are occurring on a 4.0-release system with
     mutt-1.5.12-hcache-sidebar that has the sidebar IMAP patch supplied in

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=116283063732182&w=2

applied. without this patch the sidebar folders wouldn't display the
number of messages in them.

the sidebar commands are bound as

bind index \CP sidebar-prev
bind index \CN sidebar-next
bind index \CO sidebar-open
bind pager \CP sidebar-prev
bind pager \CN sidebar-next
bind pager \CO sidebar-open

would appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue.

cheers,
jake

Re: mutt sidebar + IMAP and sidebar-open

viq .
On 07/01/07, Jacob Yocom-Piatt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i've been tweaking mutt to pull IMAP mail from a number of accounts and
>                      have hit a snag with the sidebar feature. the sidebar
> correctly displays                              the number of messages in each
> folder but it won't open the folders when                              they're
> selected and the sidebar-open key binding is used.
>
> the troubles are occurring on a 4.0-release system with
>      mutt-1.5.12-hcache-sidebar that has the sidebar IMAP patch supplied in
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-ports&m=116283063732182&w=2
>
> applied. without this patch the sidebar folders wouldn't display the
> number of messages in them.
>
> the sidebar commands are bound as
>
> bind index \CP sidebar-prev
> bind index \CN sidebar-next
> bind index \CO sidebar-open
> bind pager \CP sidebar-prev
> bind pager \CN sidebar-next
> bind pager \CO sidebar-open
>
> would appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue.

I'm using the standard sidebar favor on -current, but I had the same
issue. I just changed ^O to ^I to open mailboxes, so \CI instead of
\CO.

viq

Re: mutt sidebar + IMAP and sidebar-open

Jacob Yocom-Piatt
>> would appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue.
>
>I'm using the standard sidebar favor on -current, but I had the same
>issue. I just changed ^O to ^I to open mailboxes, so \CI instead of
>\CO.

bingo. thanks, viq, that did the trick!

cheers,
jake