mp on arm

s_graf
Is there any progress with mp on arm?  Where can I find info?

Re: mp on arm

Patrick Wildt-3
On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 10:42:27AM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:
> Is there any progress with mp on arm?  Where can I find info?

There is only MP support for arm64, not for armv7.  As far as I know
no one is interested in making it work.  Too much work for a platform
that will be outdated soon anyway.  64-bit ARM is the way to go.

Re: mp on arm

s_graf
Does your comment apply to the whole arm7 port on openbsd?  I can see
support faltering.  It talks 48 days to build the packages.  It's not worth
doing in the current way.

For the types of projects I want to build smaller is better. One processor
is enough.  But to do things like the package build all 4 cores would surely
help.  Earlier this year I ran an arm processor for 10 days just to build
php from ports.  Php is still not built on the arm7 packages.

I have to think hard about how to proceed, switch to 64 bit or try another
os.  I like openbsd so maybe I'll just archive the next release and forget
about any updates or new features.  You are right about the platform being
outdated soon.  The size of the market is too small.