mongodb

Chris Smith-32
Mentioned previously:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Note that the mongodb port is currently broken (and has been since 5.3-ish iirc).

Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?

Thank you,

Chris

Re: mongodb

Amit Kulkarni-5
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Chris Smith <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Mentioned previously:
>
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Note that the mongodb port is currently broken (and has been since
> 5.3-ish iirc).
>
> Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?
>
> No

Re: mongodb

Jiri B-2
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 04:20:39PM -0600, Amit Kulkarni wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Chris Smith <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > Mentioned previously:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > Note that the mongodb port is currently broken (and has been since
> > 5.3-ish iirc).
> >
> > Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?
> >
> > No

Excuse my uneducated question but what kind of technical
problem is causing mongodb to be broken?

Would be possible to work with upstream to see things
getting closer to working state?

jirib

Re: mongodb

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 04:56:20PM -0500, Jiri B wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 04:20:39PM -0600, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Chris Smith <[hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> > > Mentioned previously:

> > > 5.3-ish iirc).
> > >
> > > Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?
> > >
> > > No
>
> Excuse my uneducated question but what kind of technical
> problem is causing mongodb to be broken?

"BROKEN = broken after rthreads switch"

> Would be possible to work with upstream to see things
> getting closer to working state?

Feel free to update the port and send the patches to the list :)

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info

Re: mongodb

On 2013-11-26, Jiri B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 04:20:39PM -0600, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Chris Smith <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>> > Mentioned previously:

>> > 5.3-ish iirc).
>> >
>> > Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?
>> >
>> > No
>
> Excuse my uneducated question but what kind of technical
> problem is causing mongodb to be broken?

The original problem was something to do with rthreads, but since then
the port has suffered bit-rot and won't even build due to boost changes.

> Would be possible to work with upstream to see things
> getting closer to working state?

Given their "run our binaries" advice they probably don't care, but
maybe it's worth a try. Updating to their current code would be a
good start (I would ignore the current port patches for now, they
conflict with upstream changes but aren't super important for now,
they can be re-added later).

Re: mongodb

Sonic
On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Chris Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wondering if mongodb is operational with -current?

Reviving old thread. Mongodb, yes, no?

Thanks,

Chris