mirroring firmware.openbsd.org

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX)
Our firewalls can't connecto to firmware.openbsd.org (by design).
Is there a way to mirror the contents of firmware.openbsd.org?  It
would be nice if these files were available in the usual OpenBSD
mirrors, since we already mirror those and could just point fw_update
at our internal mirror host.  But something like an rsync- or ftp-able
firmware.openbsd.org source would be just fine.

--lyndon

Re: mirroring firmware.openbsd.org

Theo de Raadt-2
Lyndon Nerenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our firewalls can't connecto to firmware.openbsd.org (by design).

Always a choice to make.

> Is there a way to mirror the contents of firmware.openbsd.org?

They are just web servers, so a wget will collect everything.

> It would be nice if these files were available in the usual OpenBSD
> mirrors, since we already mirror those and could just point fw_update
> at our internal mirror host.

firmware.openbsd.org is independent and segregated from official OpenBSD
upstream and mirroring since we don't own the data in the files and
logistics of getting that resolved for all files (and maintained for the
future) is implausible.

They answer to http just fine.

On 2019-05-30, Lyndon Nerenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our firewalls can't connecto to firmware.openbsd.org (by design).
> Is there a way to mirror the contents of firmware.openbsd.org?  It
> would be nice if these files were available in the usual OpenBSD
> mirrors, since we already mirror those and could just point fw_update
> at our internal mirror host.  But something like an rsync- or ftp-able
> firmware.openbsd.org source would be just fine.
>
> --lyndon

$ lftp http://firmware.openbsd.org/
cd ok, cwd=/
lftp firmware.openbsd.org:/> ls
drwxr-xr-x  --  firmware
lftp firmware.openbsd.org:/> cd firmware
lftp firmware.openbsd.org:/firmware> ls
drwxr-xr-x  --  ..
drwxr-xr-x  --  4.9
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.0
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.1
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.2
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.3
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.4
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.5
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.6
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.7
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.8
drwxr-xr-x  --  5.9
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.0
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.1
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.2
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.3
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.4
drwxr-xr-x  --  6.5
drwxr-xr-x  --  snapshots
lftp firmware.openbsd.org:/firmware> mirror 6.5
New: 25 files, 0 symlinks
33068315 bytes transferred in 14 seconds (2.28 MiB/s)
lftp firmware.openbsd.org:/firmware> exit

Or if you prefer command line:

$ lftp -e 'mirror 6.5; exit' http://firmware.openbsd.org/firmware/
cd ok, cwd=/firmware
New: 25 files, 0 symlinks
33068315 bytes transferred in 13 seconds (2.46 MiB/s)