-mcpu=xscale how much of the prebuilt stuff uses it?

-mcpu=xscale how much of the prebuilt stuff uses it?

asmith-4
Just looking at the cvs and it seems that the Kernel config for the Zaurus
defaults to building with -mcpu=xscale but I can't find any evidence of
other parts of the system such as Xorg being built with the -mcpu=xscale
flag.

Can someone clarify if this is being done for other parts of the
distribution?

-Andy

Re: -mcpu=xscale how much of the prebuilt stuff uses it?

Dale Rahn
On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 01:42:07PM -0000, Andrew Smith wrote:

> Just looking at the cvs and it seems that the Kernel config for the Zaurus
> defaults to building with -mcpu=xscale but I can't find any evidence of
> other parts of the system such as Xorg being built with the -mcpu=xscale
> flag.
>

> Can someone clarify if this is being done for other parts of the
> distribution?

Kernel is built that way because it will only run on zaurus, all other
programs are built without so that they can run on any ARM architecture
eg cats.

Dale Rahn [hidden email]