maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Diana Eichert
I don't think it's off topic but others might.  I'm writing this post to
remember Chuck Yerkes, a long time contributor to the misc@openbsd list.
While riding his motorcycle 10 years ago Chuck was involved in an accident
and passed away as a result of his injuries.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041012235249/http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/9511974.htm
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109385676632581&w=2
http://web.archive.org/web/20040901013204/http://www.adownie.net:8888/vqwiki/jsp/Wiki?ChuckStories

Just wanted to remember you Chuck, take it easy wherever you are.

diana

Re: maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Philip Guenther-2
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think it's off topic but others might.  I'm writing this post to
> remember Chuck Yerkes, a long time contributor to the misc@openbsd list.
> While riding his motorcycle 10 years ago Chuck was involved in an accident
> and passed away as a result of his injuries.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20041012235249/http://www.
> contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/9511974.htm
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109385676632581&w=2
> http://web.archive.org/web/20040901013204/http://www.
> adownie.net:8888/vqwiki/jsp/Wiki?ChuckStories
>
> Just wanted to remember you Chuck, take it easy wherever you are.

<raises a glass>

Re: maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Janne Johansson-3
+1

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I don't think it's off topic but others might.  I'm writing this post to
> > remember Chuck Yerkes, a long time contributor to the misc@openbsd list.
> > While riding his motorcycle 10 years ago Chuck was involved in an
> accident
> > and passed away as a result of his injuries.
> >
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20041012235249/http://www.
> > contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/9511974.htm
> > http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109385676632581&w=2
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20040901013204/http://www.
> > adownie.net:8888/vqwiki/jsp/Wiki?ChuckStories
> >
> > Just wanted to remember you Chuck, take it easy wherever you are.
>

> <raises a glass>

Re: maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Johan Beisser
Man. Thanks for the reminder.

+1

Sent form my iFoe.

> On Aug 27, 2014, at 16:21, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't think it's off topic but others might.  I'm writing this post to
> remember Chuck Yerkes, a long time contributor to the misc@openbsd list.
> While riding his motorcycle 10 years ago Chuck was involved in an accident
> and passed away as a result of his injuries.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20041012235249/http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/9511974.htm
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=109385676632581&w=2
> http://web.archive.org/web/20040901013204/http://www.adownie.net:8888/vqwiki/jsp/Wiki?ChuckStories
>
> Just wanted to remember you Chuck, take it easy wherever you are.
>
> diana

Re: maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Craig Skinner-3
On 2014-08-27 Wed 17:21 PM |, Diana Eichert wrote:
> I'm writing this post to remember Chuck Yerkes,

He must've made quite an impact for you to respect him every year.

Cool.

Re: maybe OT 10 year anniversay of Chuck Yerkes death

Jorge Castillo
At least to me remembering people is never off-topic.
I have never forgotten this guy, since I first read about him.

Alan Eldridge 1961 - 2003
http://freebsd.kde.org/memoriam/alane.php

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Craig R. Skinner wrote:

> On 2014-08-27 Wed 17:21 PM |, Diana Eichert wrote:
>> I'm writing this post to remember Chuck Yerkes,
>
> He must've made quite an impact for you to respect him every year.
>
> Cool.

He was very helpful to folks on more than this list.  I was in the
middle of an email thread with him related to Sun h/w when I saw
the post re: his death.  It was a very sad moment.

g.day