math/R: libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'

math/R: libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'

Ingo Feinerer-2
Hi,

math/R now gets killed at start-up with:

R:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'
ld.so: R: lazy binding failed!
Killed

I noticed there was some readline restructuring/discussion in the last
weeks but do not know about the current status or best practice now.

So if someone immediately notices what is going on here I appreciate all
pointers or patches.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ingo

Re: math/R: libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'

Michael Steeves
I’ve seen this as well, though I haven’t had time to dig into it at all.

-Mike

Michael Steeves ([hidden email])

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 14:34, Ingo Feinerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> math/R now gets killed at start-up with:
>
> R:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'
> ld.so: R: lazy binding failed!
> Killed
>
> I noticed there was some readline restructuring/discussion in the last
> weeks but do not know about the current status or best practice now.
>
> So if someone immediately notices what is going on here I appreciate all
> pointers or patches.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Ingo

Re: math/R: libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'

David Coppa

Probably a missing "-ltermcap"?

On 2018/11/06 20:34, Ingo Feinerer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> math/R now gets killed at start-up with:
>
> R:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'
> ld.so: R: lazy binding failed!
> Killed
>
> I noticed there was some readline restructuring/discussion in the last
> weeks but do not know about the current status or best practice now.
>
> So if someone immediately notices what is going on here I appreciate all
> pointers or patches.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Ingo

See posts from 2018-11 on https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&w=2&r=1&s=tgetent&q=b,
they explain what is happening.  There is no readloine restructuring, this is due to
the lld change.

Re: math/R: libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'

Christian Weisgerber
On 2018-11-06, Ingo Feinerer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> R:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'
> ld.so: R: lazy binding failed!

I did some grepping over the build logs, and the ones below show
up as suspicious, i.e., they have a line with -ledit or -lreadline
but without -lcurses (ncurses, ncursesw, termcap, terminfo).  I'm
dumping this here, I don't have time to follow up:

./databases/mdbtools,-gmdb.log
./devel/pcre.log
./devel/pcre2.log
./devel/llvm,,-main.log