Edgar Pettijohn wrote on Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 03:00:57PM -0500:
> Not sure if its just me or not, but I was looking at the table(5)
> manual online and sections look odd.
> Particularly `Mailaddr tables' and `Addrname tables'.
Yes, that was indeed badly misformatted:
In <pre> blocks, in some situations, damaging line breaks were
inserted into the HTML code.
I fixed it with the following commit.
I also installed the patch on man.openbsd.org, so people can easily
check whether everything looks right now.
Thanks for the useful report!
Fix line breaking in no-fill mode (.Bd -unfilled/<pre>),
which apparently didn't work since the .Pp/<p> reorg.
The new logic is more similar to what the terminal formatter does:
1. Before a node that starts a new mdoc(7) input line,
start a new HTML output line.
2. An empty input line or a .Pp causes an empty output line.
3. Nothing needs to be done at the end of a node.
Severe misformatting was reported in table(5) by
Edgar Pettijohn <edgar at pettijohn dash web dot com> on misc@.