make update-list question

Edd Barrett
Hi there,

When porting "make update-plist"  seems to leave all your @comment's
intact, this is good. What is the policy on @exec/@unexec. On one of
my SUBDIRS it leaves them intact but moves them 2 lines back from the
end of the list (Puts some @commented dirs after them for some
reason). On another SUBDIR it insists on removing them.

Any Ideas?

I am working on -current checked out and built this morning on i386.

--
Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett

Re: make update-list question

Marc Espie-2
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:43:02PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When porting "make update-plist"  seems to leave all your @comment's
> intact, this is good. What is the policy on @exec/@unexec. On one of
> my SUBDIRS it leaves them intact but moves them 2 lines back from the
> end of the list (Puts some @commented dirs after them for some
> reason). On another SUBDIR it insists on removing them.

make update-plist is supposed to attach exec/unexec to the nearest actual
object, comments don't count as objects...

If it removes them, it's probably some multi-packages fuck-up. update-plist
is a bit brittle wrt multi-packages, still...

On 12/06/07, Marc Espie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:43:02PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> If it removes them, it's probably some multi-packages fuck-up. update-plist
> is a bit brittle wrt multi-packages, still...

Is it something that you are looking to fix?

I will probably make another submission in the next couple of days.