make package and CLEANDEPENDS=yes oddity

make package and CLEANDEPENDS=yes oddity

panda-6
Hi,

I'm up against and odd behaviour of the ports system and trying to find
a solution, I just want to check you all are aware of it.

I now use clean-depends to clean my dependencies but previously used
CLEANDEPENDS=Yes in /etc/mk.conf

There is one particular problem with setting CLEANDEPENDS=Yes, when in
the 'package' target, if a failure occurs, the target will cleanup by
removing the package, when CLEANDEPENDS is set it will also remove all
dependent packages from $PKGREPOSITORYBASE, not cool when you share that
directory through nfs for other hosts.

the ports@ archive didn't turn up anything for this, I hope it'll prove
useful.