make install not installing

Ash Williams
Sorry if i'm asking some stupid questions here guys, this is the first
time i've created a port and i've been reading other Makefiles and
reading man pages but am a little lost.

I've created the Makefile, overcome my linking problems (libtool) and
fake install is completing correctly. My problem now is the real
install doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

type make install and i see all the fake install stuff happening and
the "Building package for" then the "link to
/usr/ports/packages/i386/ftp" etc etc etc. When i open up this tgz
file this is what i see:
+CONTENTS and +DESC

There's no errors that i can see.

I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone shed any light?

Re: make install not installing

Ash Williams
On 09/04/06, Ash Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry if i'm asking some stupid questions here guys, this is the first
> time i've created a port and i've been reading other Makefiles and
> reading man pages but am a little lost.
>
> I've created the Makefile, overcome my linking problems (libtool) and
> fake install is completing correctly. My problem now is the real
> install doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.
>
> type make install and i see all the fake install stuff happening and
> the "Building package for" then the "link to
> /usr/ports/packages/i386/ftp" etc etc etc. When i open up this tgz
> file this is what i see:
> +CONTENTS and +DESC
>
> There's no errors that i can see.
>
> I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone shed any light?

I've discovered if i put FAKE=no in the Makefile the install seems to
work fine but this is not really a fix.

Re: make install not installing

Nikolay Sturm-2
* Ash Williams [2006-04-09]:

RTFM, http://www.openbsd.org/checklist.html

Nikolay

On 09/04/06, Nikolay Sturm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Ash Williams [2006-04-09]:
> > I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone shed any light?
>
> RTFM, http://www.openbsd.org/checklist.html
>
> Nikolay

Humm, thanks very much, sorry >_<