Quantcast

make an additional category in ports tree

make an additional category in ports tree

Sergey Bronnikov-3
OpenBSD ports contains many applications useful for different kinds of
testing: load, performance, functional, fuzzing etc.
Load and performance tests locate in benchmarks subdir mostly,
but other tests locate in different subdirectories:
sysutils, net, misc, x11 and it is a bit difficult to list
all such tests ported to OpenBSD.

Is is possible to introduce new category for this kind of applications?
I believe it would be useful not for me only.

Sergey

regress.patch (5K) Download Attachment

make an additional category in ports tree

mitchell wodach
I think it makes sense to do so. Why look through all the other subirs for
a test or benchmark tool. When they can be in one  directory that  you can
look through.