mailman

Helmut Schneider
Hi,

I have to change the Makefile of mailman to
"CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-mail-gid=nobody", otherwise I can't get mailman to
work (with postfix, env FLAVOR=postfix make):

Jul  3 22:13:15 mx1 Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman
expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "_mailman", but the
system's mail server executed the mail script as group "nobody".  Try
tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "_mailman", or re-run
configure,  providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.

Assuming that the maintainer does his job correctly, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Helmut

Re: mailman

Nikolay Sturm-2
* Helmut Schneider [2006-07-05]:
> Assuming that the maintainer does his job correctly, what am I doing
> wrong?

You are not talking to the maintainer of either port, or more correctly
of both.

Nikolay

Re: mailman

Damien Miller
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Helmut Schneider wrote:

> Jul  3 22:13:15 mx1 Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman
> expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "_mailman", but the
> system's mail server executed the mail script as group "nobody".  Try tweaking
> the mail server to run the script as group "_mailman", or re-run configure,
> providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.
>
> Assuming that the maintainer does his job correctly, what am I doing wrong?

Not reading the Mailman setup guide and following their recommended
way of refering to an alias map.

-d