mail aliases question

Marko Cupać
Hi,

I noticed that locally originated email (such as daily outputs) ends up
in my user's mailbox - /var/mail/<user>, and not in root's. I never
touched aliases file, never run newaliases.

How is this enabled?

Thank you in advance,
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/

Re: mail aliases question

Callum R. Davies
Your user was added to /etc/aliases by the installer, when the account
was created.

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 02:25:19PM +0200, Marko Cupa?? wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that locally originated email (such as daily outputs) ends up
> in my user's mailbox - /var/mail/<user>, and not in root's. I never
> touched aliases file, never run newaliases.
>
> How is this enabled?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Before enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.
> After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.
>
> Marko Cupa??
> https://www.mimar.rs/

Re: mail aliases question

Christian Weisgerber
On 2016-09-07, Marko Cupać <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed that locally originated email (such as daily outputs) ends up
> in my user's mailbox - /var/mail/<user>, and not in root's. I never
> touched aliases file, never run newaliases.
>
> How is this enabled?

/root/.forward
This is created by the installer when you set up a user during
installation.

Re: mail aliases question

Marko Cupać
On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:36:42 +0000 (UTC)
Christian Weisgerber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-09-07, Marko Cupać <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I noticed that locally originated email (such as daily outputs)
> > ends up in my user's mailbox - /var/mail/<user>, and not in root's.
> > I never touched aliases file, never run newaliases.
> >
> > How is this enabled?
>
> /root/.forward
> This is created by the installer when you set up a user during
> installation.

That's it, thank you for clarification.

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/

Re: mail aliases question

Alexander Hall
On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:41:45PM +0000, Callum R. Davies wrote:
> Your user was added to /etc/aliases by the installer, when the account
> was created.

No, this is not true at all.