libpcap-0.9.4 port

Travis H.
My second port, be gentle.

IIRC, OpenBSD 3.8's libpcap is too ancient to be used with tools like scapy.

This is the latest pcap distro.

There is one gotcha, in that the tar file refers to libpcap/ as well
as libpcap/. which mean the same thing, so tar exits with non-zero
error code during the first extraction, even though it's okay.
Basically you just re-run the make and it works.  Any suggestions on
how to handle this  in ports (i.e. aside from emailing the tcpdump
mlist which I have already done) are welcome.

Again, no guidance on how to fill out the PERMIT macros, so they're
all set to Dunno.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-

libpcap_port.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: libpcap-0.9.4 port

Damien Miller

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Travis H. wrote:

> My second port, be gentle.
>
> IIRC, OpenBSD 3.8's libpcap is too ancient to be used with tools like scapy.

OpenBSD 3.9's is more up to date.

-d