ldomd hangs on boot

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ldomd hangs on boot

rodent
Running OpenBSD 5.9/sparc64 on a T5120. This worked fine until having upgraded
the firmware on the machine to 4.33.6.g. The server booted fine on the first
boot and subsequent boots with different ldom configurations. After testing
one ldom configuration, the machine started to hang when starting ldomd.

I removed all the ldom configurations and started anew with just the factory
default. It hangs even when booting to factory default and having ldomd
started. I've tested from warm boot and cold boot to no avail.

There's an identical machine with a different ldom configuration which boots
and starts ldomd fine. This is after the firmware upgrade as well. Any ideas
on how to sort this on the first machine to have ldomd working again?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ldomd hangs on boot

Paolo Aglialoro
Maybe resetting the machine from Solaris?

Il 07/ago/2016 04:10 PM, <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Running OpenBSD 5.9/sparc64 on a T5120. This worked fine until having
> upgraded
> the firmware on the machine to 4.33.6.g. The server booted fine on the
> first
> boot and subsequent boots with different ldom configurations. After testing
> one ldom configuration, the machine started to hang when starting ldomd.
>
> I removed all the ldom configurations and started anew with just the
> factory
> default. It hangs even when booting to factory default and having ldomd
> started. I've tested from warm boot and cold boot to no avail.
>
> There's an identical machine with a different ldom configuration which
> boots
> and starts ldomd fine. This is after the firmware upgrade as well. Any
> ideas
> on how to sort this on the first machine to have ldomd working again?
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ldomd hangs on boot

rodent
On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 04:25:33PM +0200, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> Maybe resetting the machine from Solaris?

There's no Solaris. OpenBSD is running on the primary.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ldomd hangs on boot

Paolo Aglialoro
You could put in another disk, install Solaris to try to reset the box and
then put openbsd back

Il 07/ago/2016 05:02 PM, <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 04:25:33PM +0200, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> > Maybe resetting the machine from Solaris?
>
> There's no Solaris. OpenBSD is running on the primary.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ldomd hangs on boot

rodent
On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 05:05:19PM +0200, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> You could put in another disk, install Solaris to try to reset the box and
> then put openbsd back

They're in a colo. I have one machine with OpenSolaris/OpenSXCE installed on
one disk. What would be the commands you were referencing regarding
"resetting" it, just in case this happens with the other machine.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ldomd hangs on boot

Paolo Aglialoro
Try this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19227-01/820-7255/ldm-1m/index.html

Il 07/ago/2016 10:59 PM, <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 05:05:19PM +0200, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> > You could put in another disk, install Solaris to try to reset the box
> and
> > then put openbsd back
>
> They're in a colo. I have one machine with OpenSolaris/OpenSXCE installed
> on
> one disk. What would be the commands you were referencing regarding
> "resetting" it, just in case this happens with the other machine.
>