lang/python and NO_SHARED_ARCHS support

Aleksander Piotrowski
Hi

I would like to drop support for NO_SHARED_ARCHS (right now that would be m88k and
vax) to make lang/python port easier to maintain.  Right now it's PITA
to change anything in this port and of course I don't have m88k or vax
to check if it still works OK on them (;

Any opinions?

Alek
--
It devoured my paper, it was a really good paper.
 -- Ellen Feiss, http://www.apple.com/switch/stories/ellenfeiss.html

Re: lang/python and NO_SHARED_ARCHS support

Marc Balmer-2
* Aleksander Piotrowski wrote:

> I would like to drop support for NO_SHARED_ARCHS (right now that would be m88k and
> vax) to make lang/python port easier to maintain.  Right now it's PITA
> to change anything in this port and of course I don't have m88k or vax
> to check if it still works OK on them (;
>
> Any opinions?

That is ok for me.

Re: lang/python and NO_SHARED_ARCHS support

Matthieu Herrb
Marc Balmer wrote:

> * Aleksander Piotrowski wrote:
>

>>I would like to drop support for NO_SHARED_ARCHS (right now that would be m88k and
>>vax) to make lang/python port easier to maintain.  Right now it's PITA
>>to change anything in this port and of course I don't have m88k or vax
>>to check if it still works OK on them (;
>>
>>Any opinions?
>

> That is ok for me.

For me too. (Although you could use simh-vax to test it on vax...)
Matthieu Herrb

* Matthieu Herrb wrote:

> Marc Balmer wrote:
> >* Aleksander Piotrowski wrote:
> >

> >>I would like to drop support for NO_SHARED_ARCHS (right now that would be
> >>m88k and
> >>vax) to make lang/python port easier to maintain.  Right now it's PITA
> >>to change anything in this port and of course I don't have m88k or vax
> >>to check if it still works OK on them (;
> >>
> >>Any opinions?
> >

> >That is ok for me.
>
> For me too. (Although you could use simh-vax to test it on vax...)

I have enough vaxen to test it on real hardware...

> --
> Matthieu Herrb

Re: lang/python and NO_SHARED_ARCHS support

Peter Valchev
Currently it does not get built in fact, because databases/db is
marked as NO_SHARED by default, which seems a bit dumb.