lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

Greg Steuck
I only tested the attached up to `make patch`. I have a build running
on amd64-current. It shows the export-dynamic token has disappeared
from the build log so far. While the patch is not known to have fixed
the problem with clang 10, it looks promising.

Thanks
Greg

P.S. Also in cvs:~gnezdo/lang-ghc-clang10.patch
--
nest.cx is Gmail hosted, use PGP: https://pgp.key-server.io/0x0B1542BD8DF5A1B0
Fingerprint: 5E2B 2D0E 1E03 2046 BEC3  4D50 0B15 42BD 8DF5 A1B0

lang-ghc-clang10.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

Greg Steuck
> I only tested the attached up to `make patch`. I have a build running
> on amd64-current. It shows the export-dynamic token has disappeared
> from the build log so far. While the patch is not known to have fixed
> the problem with clang 10, it looks promising.

I have more confidence in this patch as I built the port and then used
it to build xmonad.
Anybody with clang 10 willing to give the a go and OK?

Kili, do you feel there's a risk that this might break on i386?

Thanks
Greg
--
nest.cx is Gmail hosted, use PGP: https://pgp.key-server.io/0x0B1542BD8DF5A1B0
Fingerprint: 5E2B 2D0E 1E03 2046 BEC3  4D50 0B15 42BD 8DF5 A1B0

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

Matthias Kilian
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:07:05PM -0700, Greg Steuck wrote:
[...]
> I have more confidence in this patch as I built the port and then used
> it to build xmonad.
> Anybody with clang 10 willing to give the a go and OK?
>
> Kili, do you feel there's a risk that this might break on i386?

I'll apply Patricks diff (llvm.v1.full.diff) and your diff on i386
and give it a try (and your diff for ghc, of course). Results
hopefully tomorrow.

Ciao,
        Kili

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

Matthias Kilian
Hi,

On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 06:32:42PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > Kili, do you feel there's a risk that this might break on i386?
>
> I'll apply Patricks diff (llvm.v1.full.diff) and your diff on i386
> and give it a try (and your diff for ghc, of course). Results
> hopefully tomorrow.

Of course, only after starting the test build, I noticed that the
diff was already committed ;-)

Anyway -- no fallout on i386 building ghc and all hs-ports.

Ciao,
        Kili

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lang/ghc workaround for clang 10 fallout

Greg Steuck
Thank you for validating the patch as a clean clean experiment!

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 11:11 Matthias Kilian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 06:32:42PM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> > > Kili, do you feel there's a risk that this might break on i386?
> >
> > I'll apply Patricks diff (llvm.v1.full.diff) and your diff on i386
> > and give it a try (and your diff for ghc, of course). Results
> > hopefully tomorrow.
>
> Of course, only after starting the test build, I noticed that the
> diff was already committed ;-)
>
> Anyway -- no fallout on i386 building ghc and all hs-ports.
>
> Ciao,
>         Kili
>