ktrace firefox freeze my box

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ktrace firefox freeze my box

Martin Pieuchot
on -current amd64, simply doing "$ ktrace -p $pid_of_firefox" is enough
to freeze my box:

OpenBSD 6.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #313: Mon Jan  1 17:51:21 MST 2018
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 8238301184 (7856MB)
avail mem = 7981707264 (7611MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xccbfd000 (65 entries)
bios0: vendor LENOVO version "N14ET26W (1.04 )" date 01/23/2015
bios0: LENOVO 20BS006BGE
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SLIC ASF! HPET ECDT APIC MCFG SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT PCCT SSDT UEFI MSDM BATB FPDT UEFI DMAR
acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S4) SLPB(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP2(S4) XHCI(S3) EHC1(S3)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2295.07 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
acpihpet0: recalibrated TSC frequency 2394462310 Hz
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1.1.1, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 1, core 0, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 40 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG_)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP1)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 4 (EXP2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP3)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP6)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for XHCI, EHC1
acpipwrres1 at acpi0: NVP3, resource for PEG_
acpipwrres2 at acpi0: NVP2, resource for PEG_
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 128 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
"LEN0071" at acpi0 not configured
"LEN0048" at acpi0 not configured
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "00HW003" serial   887 type LiP oem "SMP"
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"INT340F" at acpi0 not configured
acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
acpivout at acpivideo0 not configured
acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 2295 MHz: speeds: 2401, 2400, 2300, 2100, 2000, 1900, 1700, 1600, 1400, 1300, 1200, 1000, 900, 800, 600, 500 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 5G Host" rev 0x09
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 5500" rev 0x09
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: msi
inteldrm0: 2560x1440, 32bpp
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
azalia0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel Core 5G HD Audio" rev 0x09: msi
xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 9 Series xHCI" rev 0x03: msi
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
"Intel 9 Series MEI" rev 0x03 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel I218-V" rev 0x03: msi, address 54:ee:75:43:b3:62
azalia1 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 9 Series HD Audio" rev 0x03: msi
azalia1: codecs: Realtek ALC292
audio0 at azalia1
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 9 Series PCIE" rev 0xe3: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 3
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 9 Series PCIE" rev 0xe3: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 4
iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265" rev 0x59, msi
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 9 Series USB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 23
usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 9 Series LPC" rev 0x03
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 9 Series AHCI" rev 0x03: msi, AHCI 1.3
ahci0: port 3: 6.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 3 lun 0: <ATA, SAMSUNG MZNTE256, EXT2> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5002538844584d30
sd0: 244198MB, 512 bytes/sector, 500118192 sectors, thin
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 9 Series SMBus" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
pchtemp0 at pci0 dev 31 function 6 "Intel 9 Series Thermal" rev 0x03
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.1, 0x1e2b1 0x943300
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
vmm0 at mainbus0: VMX/EPT
Unclaimed register detected before reading register 0x23a0
umb0 at uhub0 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0 "Sierra Wireless Inc. Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE" rev 2.00/17.29 addr 2
umodem0 at uhub0 port 4 configuration 1 interface 2 "Sierra Wireless Inc. Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE" rev 2.00/17.29 addr 2
umodem0: data interface 3, has no CM over data, has break
umodem0: status change notification available
ucom0 at umodem0
ugen0 at uhub0 port 7 "Intel Bluetooth" rev 2.01/0.01 addr 3
uvideo0 at uhub0 port 8 configuration 1 interface 0 "Chicony Electronics Co.,Ltd. Integrated Camera" rev 2.00/0.29 addr 4
video0 at uvideo0
umass0 at uhub0 port 12 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intenso Slim Line" rev 3.00/1.10 addr 5
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus2 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
sd1 at scsibus2 targ 1 lun 0: <Intenso, Slim Line, PMAP> SCSI4 0/direct removable serial.0bb429105961A48D6A95
sd1: 7385MB, 512 bytes/sector, 15124992 sectors
uhub2 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.03 addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
softraid0: sd1 was not shutdown properly
sd2 at scsibus4 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR CRYPTO, 006> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd2: 244190MB, 512 bytes/sector, 500102858 sectors
softraid0: volume sd2 is roaming, it used to be sd1, updating metadata
root on sd2a (72519550243ad631.a) swap on sd2b dump on sd2b
WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
iwm0: hw rev 0x210, fw ver 16.242414.0, address 60:57:18:c1:8b:d5
sd1 detached
scsibus2 detached
umass0 detached

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ktrace firefox freeze my box

Martin Pieuchot
On 02/01/18(Tue) 17:14, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> on -current amd64, simply doing "$ ktrace -p $pid_of_firefox" is enough
> to freeze my box:

Same problem with chromium.  It seems that a CPU is never giving the
KERNEL_LOCK() back.  It always happen when executing one of the browser
threads and DDB can't get a trace from it.

These are the same symptoms as my backed out solock/kqueue diff.

>
> OpenBSD 6.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #313: Mon Jan  1 17:51:21 MST 2018
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 8238301184 (7856MB)
> avail mem = 7981707264 (7611MB)
> mpath0 at root
> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xccbfd000 (65 entries)
> bios0: vendor LENOVO version "N14ET26W (1.04 )" date 01/23/2015
> bios0: LENOVO 20BS006BGE
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SLIC ASF! HPET ECDT APIC MCFG SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT PCCT SSDT UEFI MSDM BATB FPDT UEFI DMAR
> acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S4) SLPB(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP2(S4) XHCI(S3) EHC1(S3)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpiec0 at acpi0
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2295.07 MHz
> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
> cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> acpihpet0: recalibrated TSC frequency 2394462310 Hz
> cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
> cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
> cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1.1.1, IBE
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
> cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu1: smt 1, core 0, package 0
> cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
> cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
> cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
> cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu2: smt 0, core 1, package 0
> cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
> cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2294.69 MHz
> cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,PT,SENSOR,ARAT
> cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
> cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 40 pins
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG_)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP1)
> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 4 (EXP2)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP3)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP6)
> acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(200@233 mwait.1@0x40), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for XHCI, EHC1
> acpipwrres1 at acpi0: NVP3, resource for PEG_
> acpipwrres2 at acpi0: NVP2, resource for PEG_
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 128 degC
> acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
> acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
> "LEN0071" at acpi0 not configured
> "LEN0048" at acpi0 not configured
> acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "00HW003" serial   887 type LiP oem "SMP"
> acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
> acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
> "INT340F" at acpi0 not configured
> acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
> acpivout at acpivideo0 not configured
> acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
> cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 2295 MHz: speeds: 2401, 2400, 2300, 2100, 2000, 1900, 1700, 1600, 1400, 1300, 1200, 1000, 900, 800, 600, 500 MHz
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 5G Host" rev 0x09
> inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 5500" rev 0x09
> drm0 at inteldrm0
> inteldrm0: msi
> inteldrm0: 2560x1440, 32bpp
> wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel Core 5G HD Audio" rev 0x09: msi
> xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 9 Series xHCI" rev 0x03: msi
> usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
> uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
> "Intel 9 Series MEI" rev 0x03 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
> em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel I218-V" rev 0x03: msi, address 54:ee:75:43:b3:62
> azalia1 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 9 Series HD Audio" rev 0x03: msi
> azalia1: codecs: Realtek ALC292
> audio0 at azalia1
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 9 Series PCIE" rev 0xe3: msi
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 3
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 9 Series PCIE" rev 0xe3: msi
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 4
> iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265" rev 0x59, msi
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 9 Series USB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 23
> usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 9 Series LPC" rev 0x03
> ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 9 Series AHCI" rev 0x03: msi, AHCI 1.3
> ahci0: port 3: 6.0Gb/s
> scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
> sd0 at scsibus1 targ 3 lun 0: <ATA, SAMSUNG MZNTE256, EXT2> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5002538844584d30
> sd0: 244198MB, 512 bytes/sector, 500118192 sectors, thin
> ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 9 Series SMBus" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 18
> iic0 at ichiic0
> pchtemp0 at pci0 dev 31 function 6 "Intel 9 Series Thermal" rev 0x03
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
> pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.1, 0x1e2b1 0x943300
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> vmm0 at mainbus0: VMX/EPT
> Unclaimed register detected before reading register 0x23a0
> umb0 at uhub0 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0 "Sierra Wireless Inc. Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE" rev 2.00/17.29 addr 2
> umodem0 at uhub0 port 4 configuration 1 interface 2 "Sierra Wireless Inc. Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE" rev 2.00/17.29 addr 2
> umodem0: data interface 3, has no CM over data, has break
> umodem0: status change notification available
> ucom0 at umodem0
> ugen0 at uhub0 port 7 "Intel Bluetooth" rev 2.01/0.01 addr 3
> uvideo0 at uhub0 port 8 configuration 1 interface 0 "Chicony Electronics Co.,Ltd. Integrated Camera" rev 2.00/0.29 addr 4
> video0 at uvideo0
> umass0 at uhub0 port 12 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intenso Slim Line" rev 3.00/1.10 addr 5
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus2 at umass0: 2 targets, initiator 0
> sd1 at scsibus2 targ 1 lun 0: <Intenso, Slim Line, PMAP> SCSI4 0/direct removable serial.0bb429105961A48D6A95
> sd1: 7385MB, 512 bytes/sector, 15124992 sectors
> uhub2 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.03 addr 2
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
> softraid0: sd1 was not shutdown properly
> sd2 at scsibus4 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR CRYPTO, 006> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
> sd2: 244190MB, 512 bytes/sector, 500102858 sectors
> softraid0: volume sd2 is roaming, it used to be sd1, updating metadata
> root on sd2a (72519550243ad631.a) swap on sd2b dump on sd2b
> WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
> iwm0: hw rev 0x210, fw ver 16.242414.0, address 60:57:18:c1:8b:d5
> sd1 detached
> scsibus2 detached
> umass0 detached
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ktrace firefox freeze my box

Martin Pieuchot
In reply to this post by Martin Pieuchot
On 02/01/18(Tue) 12:48, Ted Unangst wrote:
> Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > on -current amd64, simply doing "$ ktrace -p $pid_of_firefox" is enough
> > to freeze my box:
>
> ktrace of chrome would do that going back at least six months.

And nobody reported the bug!  Now it's harder to track it down :/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ktrace firefox freeze my box

Martin Pieuchot
On 03/01/18(Wed) 10:36, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 02/01/18(Tue) 12:48, Ted Unangst wrote:
> > Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > > on -current amd64, simply doing "$ ktrace -p $pid_of_firefox" is enough
> > > to freeze my box:
> >
> > ktrace of chrome would do that going back at least six months.
>
> And nobody reported the bug!  Now it's harder to track it down :/

For the archives it's now fixed.  It was a bug of mines present since
the import of the syscall.