kill net/sharity-light

Stuart Henderson
This is an old SMB1-NFS translator that can connect to an SMB server and
allow you to mount it via a local nfs mount. It won't connect to any "modern"
server (where "modern" is NT4 SP3 or newer) without disabling things on the
server which shouldn't be disabled like password encryption.

OK to remove the port to dissuade its use?

(Last time I looked at this stuff, the only half-workable method to access
SMB shares from OpenBSD was gvfs-smb from GNOMEish software, but it's of course
very limited. There's also theoretically usmb that should allow a mount, but
somewhere between usmb and OpenBSD's fuse implementation it's very flaky).

Re: kill net/sharity-light

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> writes:

> This is an old SMB1-NFS translator that can connect to an SMB server and
> allow you to mount it via a local nfs mount. It won't connect to any "modern"
> server (where "modern" is NT4 SP3 or newer) without disabling things on the
> server which shouldn't be disabled like password encryption.
>
> OK to remove the port to dissuade its use?

ok

> (Last time I looked at this stuff, the only half-workable method to access
> SMB shares from OpenBSD was gvfs-smb from GNOMEish software, but it's of course
> very limited. There's also theoretically usmb that should allow a mount, but
> somewhere between usmb and OpenBSD's fuse implementation it's very flaky).

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE